Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

89026: Bones Eando Kline WIP

post-7739-0-90632700-1476076518_thumb.jpg

Mini is "finished".

Added him to one of my relic bases with a lion statue face.

Time to paint that.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 9

Here are some better pics:

post-7739-0-78777200-1476118974_thumb.jpg

The whole thing was lined with Reaper Walnut Brown (see first photo above).

• Jacket is Reaper Crimson Red, Trimmed with Reaper Palomino Gold covered with Vallejo Old Bronze
  • Backpack and pouches are Vallejo Yellow Green
  • Backpack Straps are Vallejo Rose Brown
  • Hair is Griffon Tan and Suntanned Flesh
  • Skin is the Reaper Suntanned Flesh Triad
  • Scabbard is Reaper Gem Purple covered with Scale Colour Amethyst
  • Dark Metal Trim on Shoulders, Knees, Elbow and on the Hilt of the Sword are Vallejo Gunmetal Grey
  • Steel Trim on Sword and Scabbard are Scale Colour Thrash Metal
  • Boots are Reaper Griffon Tan with Reaper Russet Brown Wraps
  • Pants and Waist Coat are Vallejo Rose Brown

I used Reaper Flesh Wash on the Boots, Waist Coat, Pants, Hair and Beard.

Looking to do Vallejo Neutral Grey on the block, some green for the Scroll Work and a White Sandstone color for the Lion statue head.  Most likely will add some ground foam for moss to age the scene a bit more.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 7

Really like your color choices. Also he looks fantastic on that base.

Thank you.

I wanted a dark color for the jacket and almost always add the yellow green to PCs.

post-7739-0-03670800-1476585866.jpg

Primed the base with Reaper Grey Primer.

Then basecoated the Lion head with Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil (prolly my favorite offwhite paint).

Then I went over the filigree from the main platform with Reaper Palomino Gold.

Within the flat surfaces is an chevron circular pattern.  So one side of the outward point, I painted more Stencil and left the rest grey.

From there I washed the entire surface with Reaper Spattered Gore.

I'll be drybrushing the surface of the filigree with the Palomino Gold to bring it back up.

And finishing the filigree with a gold metallic of some kind.

The underside of the flat surface will get some varying levels of umber and earth tones.

Once all that is finished, I will add some layering effects to the Lions Head to give it a different stone look and finish it with a glossy coat to give it a sheen.

• Like 4

A gloss coat was placed over the entire base and allowed to dry completely last night.

Here's the filigree on the base with Reaper New Gold painted over it and turned so you can see the metallic.

It pops out a lot better.

• Like 5

Finally had a moment to look around for whose base is under Eando.

The base is from Scibor Miniatures' Royal Lions 25mm Round Set #2.

Royal_Lions_Ruins_round_bases_25mm_2.jpg

The one on the left.  I have the other two still.  Might have to find some similar characters to put on them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I give you a T-Rex from DSA ( Das Schwarze Auge - The Dark Eye) an OOP German Manufacturer.

He will be part of my Lost World Army.

WIP here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-army-of-the-lost-world-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures/

• By Glitterwolf
      Knarthex sent me a few Ral Parha Pirates for my Lost World Project.
      Thx George!

So I painted the first one up as Old Nedd from my stories.
      Here he is on a resin jungle base, ready to seek out gold.

For those interested the WIP is here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/

• By Thrym
      Eando Kline
      Generic Adventurer!

Eando is a static posed classic character who could be any one of a number of classes in your RPG.

Here he's still very much generic with his crimson jacket, yellow-green packs, and griffon tan hair.

He stands atop a Scibor Miniatures Royal Lions resin "ruins" base with gold filigree over a sunburst/chevron pattern which is above a white-tan sandstone lion statue's head.

I hope you enjoy him.  Check him out in the Inspiration Gallery and his WIP post.

Added to Thrym's Index of Reaper Miniatures & Thrym's General Show Off List

Eando's Paint List

Jacket is Reaper Crimson Red, Trimmed with Reaper Palomino Gold covered with Vallejo Old Bronze

Backpack and pouches are Vallejo Yellow Green

Backpack Straps are Vallejo Rose Brown

Hair is Griffon Tan and Suntanned Flesh

Skin is the Reaper Suntanned Flesh Triad

Scabbard is Reaper Gem Purple covered with Scale Colour Amethyst

Dark Metal Trim on Shoulders, Knees, Elbow and on the Hilt of the Sword are Vallejo Gunmetal Grey

Steel Trim on Sword and Scabbard are Scale Colour Thrash Metal

Boots are Reaper Griffon Tan with Reaper Russet Brown Wraps

Pants and Waist Coat are Vallejo Rose Brown

I used Reaper Flesh Wash on the Boots, Waist Coat, Pants, Hair and Beard.

Scibor Miniatures Royal Lions Ruin Base Paint List

Filigree is Reaper Palomino Gold under Reaper New Gold

Sunburst / Chevron Pattern is Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil for the offset sunburst washed by Reaper Spattered Gore

Ruins Surface is covered with Vallejo Gloss Varnish

Ground is Reaper Umber Brown with Stencil highlights and Reaper Rattlesnake Leather on rock facets facing one direction

Moss is Vallejo Yellow-Green

Lion Head is Stencil with Reaper Suntan Flesh wash and Rattlesnake Leather shadows
    • By Arc 724
      So I saw Janan and saw this in my head. I bought the piece and modded it to fit as you can see here. I have conferred with Ub3r about it a bit and I still can not find what I'm looking for. 

Attitude: Contemplation after a long battle and/or about to step into the final battle. She is tired but not worn out. She is resolute to see this to the end but deep down wishes it would have never come to pass.

Artistic Direction: In the last two photo's you will see some lighting coming from the right side of the image (One closer than the other). The idea is to to have OSL in the photo. The shadows cast will also be painted. 
      The metal piece you see in the lower three is a place holder (obviously).  I can't seem to focus the image in my head to figure out who or what is standing there I bought slain miniature from Other World miniatures and didn't like how big they are on the Vignette base I was thinking of using Derek the Dim from Red-Box-Games. The pose and face of the miniature kind of has that, "I challenge you" appearance. I bought the Paladin Initiate and he was huge and didn't fit very well. The War Maiden did not either. I also thought, if I could find another figure that is standing at the bottom who fought with her in the battle. They too are tired yet contemplative about the end of the battle. My original thought was someone leaning on a weapon.  Would like some help on this from my fellow Formnite and see what you think. I have not found a miniature that fits yet and goes with the scale of Janan. Janan seems to be a much much smaller miniature than normal. like a true 25mm (bottom of feet to eye) size. That is why I am looking at RBG miniatures as Tre Manor sculpts in small portions, hands, eyes and feet. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by. Y'all's insight would be awesome. Pictures speak a thousand more words than words.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)