Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Meanders: Themed Boards with Connecting Paths for RPG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-themed-boards-with-connecting-paths-for-r?ref=category_newest

Giant themed terrain boards (27x18") that match up from top to bottom, left to right for sprawling connected landscapes to use in RPG.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 1

About this project

360dc0897f9417f0812ade12afd96e7e_originaMEANDERS

“Not all those who wander are lost.â€

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

ae80b4e3d3e814735b724601c6f916bc_origina

Hello :) Welcome to my Fourth Kickstarter known as "Meanders": giant modular boards strewn with wandering paths that fit together with other similar-themed Meander. This Kickstarter is aimed at that special need for terrain between quests. A place for all of the stuff that happens in the beloved - but oft overlooked - mid-way point: shortly after departure from the tavern and just before the arrival at the dragon-filled mountain range. 

What happens between setting off and finally arriving is perhaps the most important aspect of RPG to capture the imagination, for the Journey from Here to There represents endless possibility for stories to evolve, a mystical place for stumbling upon new side-quests, sudden action, the excitement of exploration and the threat of random encounters where anything can happen and often does.

Yet while they are particularly intended for areas after leaving the tavern and before reaching the location of major quests - allowing players to wander the wilderness - they also serve up a number of classic RPG tropes for situating major quests such as: a Desert Shipwreck or Temple Ruins, Woodland Altar or Forest Pond, Alpine Cemetery or Jungle Swingbridge. Each board has a mixture of narrow and wide paths with multiple clearings for hiding treasure chests, trapdoors, entrances to your dungeons or your custom secrets and strategic terrain design for setting up ambushes, wandering monster or NPC encounters and even labyrinths. Need an endless desert? Enchanted forest that won't let them leave? Lost in the snow? Meanders can take care of it for you. 

Meanders provide instant and massive adventure vistas for characters to wander through a variety of classic (and not-so-classic) tropes: from sprawling forest and steaming jungle, miles of snow or near-endless desert - and how big you make the playground is up to you. Simply join another board or boards of the same or different theme to your Meander and it will line up all of the paths, doubling, trebling or quadrupling the size of the Meander. Create a gigantic sprawling landscape just waiting to be populated with NPC's, monsters, treasure and Meanders provides enough caverns, clearings and paths to lead almost anywhere... 

7dbe51f3c7113c305dda75440944da93_originaForest Themed Meanders

a5427bb7295d4f7e1aa5d3a93e4417ba_originaJungle Themed Meanders

• Like 2

Reaper Minis are the best goddamn minis.

Hello :) I'm creating large specialized highly-detailed terrain boards called 'Meanders' that are designed to fit with one another left to right, top to bottom, to generate endless sprawling pathways for RPG adventures in a variety of terrains inc Forest, Jungle, Desert, Snow, City, Village, Castle, Treetops and more - including Sci-fi with Planet Surfaces, Deep Space, a Space Hulk and terrain suitable for Tyrannids, Warhammer 40k, Frostgrave and anything else backers can agree upon.

The sets are particularly intended for areas after leaving the tavern/spaceport/craft and before reaching the location of major quests - allowing players to wander the wilderness but also serve up a number of classic RPG tropes for situating major quests.They measure 27x18" each and allow you to change large sections of terrain around in seconds (and are modifiable in size) without changing many fiddly smaller tiles and still allow you to get a variety of different layouts per set.

They are available digitally as any four for $8 AUD in the Sampler Pack, or $25 AUD for thirty-two (32) core designs, and in a variety of other digital and printed options as well. They can be gridded or non-gridded with a variety of options available there. Also the printed boards are professionally printed, dry/wet erasable and the surface is coated with a tough scuff/soiling/liquid resistant layer. 

This will be my 4th Kickstarter on the back of three successful ones trying to bring innovative products to the RPG community. Thanks for your time, kind regards, Kris McDermott

adb23f4309d1b0e83d9d16cfbf0232ff_origina

7dbe51f3c7113c305dda75440944da93_origina

f6762d149cc8887fdba1d86aaba353bf_origina

f0e53265b1ec19ba78ef700daa1aab4d_origina

f8de13a31a90e1581818ce276be01c7a_origina

Not so sure if using the word "Tyranid" is going to go un-C&D's by that certain company who likes to aggressively trademark all their names.