Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGuard

ES54 - Ral Partha Winged Panther

Greetings!

I've just finished this Ral Partha oldie from my collection - ES54 Winged Panther.

I went for a naturalistic black panther look but with a bluish sheen to the highlights (a bit like you sometimes see in movies as they're prowling through the jungle!). The wing skin recesses are actually a really dark red/brown but you can't exactly see it on these pics.

Interestingly, the blue highlights seemed a lot bluer after I added the static grass to the base.

post-14256-0-15255300-1476614023_thumb.jpg post-14256-0-14911000-1476613968_thumb.jpg

post-14256-0-90379500-1476613971_thumb.jpg post-14256-0-44716800-1476613975_thumb.jpg

post-14256-0-88795100-1476613978_thumb.jpg post-14256-0-26198100-1476614005_thumb.jpg

post-14256-0-02737200-1476614009_thumb.jpg post-14256-0-89127000-1476614012_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 16

Excellent job!

I've got this figure waiting for it's turn in the paint line. I'll be referencing this when I get around to it.

• Like 2

Great Work!

Somewhere, in a Dragon magazine, there's a few pics of one of these that was done for a GenCon, back in the day...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• By DragonWyrm
      I love the sculpt of the king (I think Eureka calls him a chieftain, but he is too kingly for that). There is an emergency! His castle has been attacked! He didn't even have time to prepare. So  his underpants, helmet and cloak are all he is wearing. He looks regal!

The Novice of Sigmar is fun sculpt. At least she has a chest-plate, even if the design has some flaws. Her weapon is also terribly designed, the surface area is too large! And why she chose those stupid shoulder-guards I have no idea. But she is a fun sculpt, the cloth is nice and flowy and she has different materials that you can have fun painting. 

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

FF53 - Ogre from Citadel miniatures "Fiend Factory" range, early 1980's.

I'm guessing that for older members of the forums, this old Citadel mini might be considered somewhat of a classic, maybe even iconic? Back in the day, It's imagery definately played a part in getting me into the hobby as a wee lad. I never owned it back then but recently picked one up & painted it up!

Thanks for looking.

• By Neptune1999
      Matthias the Twisted was insanely fun to paint, he's definitely  one of my favorite undead models, and one of Bobby Jackson's more eerie characters. 
      Despite it being the bane to Castlevania fans everywhere, i took inspiration for the hunter from Simon off of the cover of the Castlevania 2 box art. What a game haha. Sorry for the pictures being a bit blurry, but C&C is surely appreciated. 

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan guild STL, printed on my 3D printer.

Part of my Lost World Project:
      WIP: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-army-of-the-lost-world-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures/
      She is part of a set, her dismounted version is here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91932-inca-princess-on-foot-by-glitterwolf/

• Who's Online   30 Members, 4 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)