Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The Undead Horde by Mantic Miniatures

____________________________________________________________________

post-13341-0-67805900-1476722889_thumb.jpg

  • I used some Greenstuff to make a square insert for the "banner holder" guy. Not sure really what to do with it. I think I am going to make it into a glowing light. That light will also be in theirs eyes. As if they are strengthened from it.

post-13341-0-05871000-1476722891_thumb.jpg

  • Duel priming: Goat of Grey then an over lay of white. 
  • After having done this spray method a few times now I have learned to make the top a majority white.
  • I also put a coat of Terrain Khaki on the Skeletons

 

post-13341-0-83812700-1476722891.jpg

  • With the Zombies I decided on a green tone:
    • The body is first painted in Leather White in layers (1:3)*.
    • Then washed in a Green Wash(VJ). (1:3) 
    • Next I used Malvernian Purple in the deep recesses (1:2)

 

post-13341-0-42210200-1476722893_thumb.jpg

  • Here is the set of 5 none Skeleton miniatures.
  • The Ghouls, I did a kind of reverse of the Zombies:

____________________________________________________________________

 

That's it for now. I am adding the final touches to the non-skeleton ones now then going to approach them.

 

Questions and comments are always welcome. Additionally, tip or suggestions on the direction I should take are also welcome. 

 

Thanks!

 

 

*I thin down all my paints usually with Flow Improver - first - then Water. Example: a 1:3 ratio is 1 drop of paint to 2 parts Fi and 1 part water.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks y'all! They are turning out well! 

 

Why / How are some of the bases round but others square?

(I approve, BTW. I am a card-carrying Base Shape Anarchist. But asking because other tabletop gamers get rather fussed about it.)

Cause there was not enough square bases in the Box of Goodwill. Those are actually the bases from the Star War Imperial Assault Probe Droids, turned upside down and filled with sand. It kind of drove me crazy at first that they are not all matching but I got over it. They are going to be push around a table and handle punch, it's ok. ::D:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

post-13341-0-19642000-1476894504_thumb.jpg

  • Finished up these guys, expect the bases as i want to do them all at the same time to ensure uniformity.
  • I added some blood stains and a more detail on the clothing as well as upper highlights on the skin, cloths, etc.

 

post-13341-0-21290500-1476894505_thumb.jpg

post-13341-0-17839100-1476894506_thumb.jpg

 

Didn't get much done last night but thought I would share. ::):

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Nice progress!

 

Those skellies look like they're having fun.

FUN... Ya, strangely enough, once I painted their tunics the rum on my desk disappeared over night...  :wacko:

 

 

 

Hmm better keep an eye out on these guys then.

 

They look a bit hungry too, I mean come on, they're skin over bone.. I guess they will be raiding your kitchen soon..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Nice progress!

 

Those skellies look like they're having fun.

FUN... Ya, strangely enough, once I painted their tunics the rum on my desk disappeared over night...  :wacko:

 

 

 

Hmm better keep an eye out on these guys then.

 

They look a bit hungry too, I mean come on, they're skin over bone.. I guess they will be raiding your kitchen soon..

 

 

Nah, I went out and bought 3 bottles of rum on Friday. I believe they will be appeased for now. ::D:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weekend Progress:

  • The Shield is not done yet. Going over it with some black washes this week. Same with the boots.

post-13341-0-55233200-1477316822_thumb.jpg

  • I used pinstriping on the shield. Then painted the grey, removed the pinstriping and painted the VJ Bloody Red in the center 
  • Made sure to thin it down so I could see the high and low marks from my double priming.

 

post-13341-0-62204800-1477316823_thumb.jpg

 

post-13341-0-35899100-1477316824.jpg

  • These are the colors I used for the Skeletons.
    • Terrain Khaki then Brown washed it down.
    • Terrain Khaki again to bring it back up.
    • Then Leather White mixed in with the remaining Terrain Khaki. 
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...