• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fieldofscreams/field-of-screams?ref=user_menu

Just wanted to throw this one out there.  Witchborn is a rather cool tabletop minis game, but there is also a companion app for each scenario with a lot of variety that allows you to play that scenario many times, but each one can be a very different experience.  Your warband will also evolve over time.  I discovered the game at GenCon in 2017 and have really enjoyed it every time I've played.  Plus, Cory is really cool and responsive.  I haven't checked this out yet, but you can also play the game on Roll20.

Did I mention that they use Reaper Bones minis?

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1793510285/fatal-fantasy-2-more-casualty-bases-for-wargaming

For when your heroes are slightly less than heroic?

Welcome to the 2nd release of Fatal Fantasy! 
      Edit (29/09/2020) NEW Painted pictures in Gallery and Stretch Goal Update. Edit (12/09/2020) NEW Stretch Goal section added! Edit (21/09/2020) NEW Add-ons added!  
      This project brings you 23 new fantasy casualties for use in your tabletop wargames or board games. 
      You'll find close-ups and measurements in 'The Miniatures' section, please also take a look at the contents of the 'Pledges' section and the details in the 'Shipping' section. Excellent painted examples by the talented Paul Allen from 'Toomuchdevlan' and Russ Painting are dotted between the sections with more in the 'Gallery'.
      The original sculpts and metal production moulds have been finished and tested in advance so metal miniatures will be ready to ship as soon as the funding period is ended in mid-October.
      I have included a resin option for the casualty bases too - this is to give backers outside of the UK, a cheaper shipping option. However, the resin casualty casts won't be ready until mid-November. (International backers can also choose metal but the shipping costs will be very high due to the weight of the miniatures). I've deliberately kept the resin availabilty low - this is to make sure there are no delays due to casting lead time. If the casting gets ahead of schedule, I will add further resin availabilty.
      In the add-ons section, you'll find the previous Fatal Fantasy casualties, Fantasy Fighters and also some NEW Ye Alchemist sculpts. These miniatures are all METAL and have had the moulds tested.
      This is my 5th project so I am experienced in reward completion and delivery. 
      Slain Mimic sculpted by Aaron Howdle The 23 core miniatures were originally designed and sculpted by Christian Af Bjärgö and Aaron Howdle. 
      Measurements are in green, alongside the pictures below.
      Beholder - sculpted by Aaron Howdle. (Resin Only) Slain Mimic - sculpted by Aaron Howdle. (Resin Only) To pledge simply choose which reward you would like. If you would like any 'add ons', then add the extra value of the 'add ons' to the total.
      There are 5 main pledges available:
      I want it ALL! 
      (Passed stretch goals mean backers now get an EXTRA 3 FREE BASES AND A FREE DWARF EXPLORER with this pledge) 
      This pledge contains the Beholder and Mimic. 27 Miniatures for £65 There are a number of resin sets available for international backers to try to minimise shipping costs. 
      The Metal/Resin pledge is a 550g small parcel for shipping purposes.
      The Resin only pledge is a 150g small parcel for shipping purposes.
      Available in resin (Outside UK) or resin/metal mix (Worldwide) I (nearly) want it all!
      (Passed stretch goals mean backers now get an EXTRA 3 FREE BASES AND A FREE DWARF EXPLORER with this pledge)
      This pledge includes 25 models as shown below and costs £53.
      There are 20 resin sets available for international backers and unlimited metal sets available for backers world-wide. 
      The Metal pledge is a 513g large letter for shipping purposes.
      The Resin pledge is a 105g large letter for shipping purposes
      Available in resin (outside UK) & metal (worldwide). Base Pledge 1 .
      This pledge comes with a free extra casualty OR a halfling explorer with attack Guinea pig!
      This pledge is for 7 casualty bases, sculpted by Christian Af Bjargo. This pledge comes in white metal and is available worldwide. This pledge is £21. 
      This metal pledge is a 230g large letter for shipping purposes.
      Available in metal only.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      So for awhile now I've had this goal, nay, this desire, nay, this primal compulsion to build a boat.  It is not enough to have hand drawn maps, or 2D terrain tiles.  I need a fully functioning 3D boat!  Well, maybe not fully functioning.  But I want to build a cool boat!

I've been working on a nautical campaign full of swashbuckling, sailing, and sea monsters for a few years now.  It's my White Whale project.  Always just on the horizon.  It'll happen some day, but in the meantime, I have a million small projects to complete and extend the chase.  One of which is my desire to build a few different sized ships to enliven any possible naval combat.

I actually attempted this about two years ago, just winging it and making some measurements and throwing them at some craft supplies.  I wanted a cheap option that wasn't too difficult to repeat that way I wouldn't be discouraged from making multiple ships.  So I limited it to cheap crafting materials like foamcore, wooden dials, popsicle sticks, and thumbtacks.  And the result wasn't  bad.  Especially for my first attempt at any kind of terrain building.

It actually turned out rather nice!  To my surprise.  But I got hung up on mast and sail designs and never finished.

The wood on the deck had 2x1in grid carved into it for easier D&D use.

and the figurehead was designed to be modular.

However, overtime the boat collected dust and little scratches.  I should have given it a coat of mod podge or sealant of some kind, but never did.  And eventually it had an unfortunate run in with an injured owl that we took in for a night.

Here's the little devil himself.

Anyways, I put this project on the back burner for long enough and feel inspired to dive back in.  Especially with a certain Bones ship on the Horizon that I'm still on the fence about getting.  I was doing some browsing on the web and recently found this wonderful little blog complete with loose instructions and a plan from a now defunct wargamming site.  The blog creator had found the old plan and adapted it to build something using most of the same materials I have already stockpiled. 

There's a few choices that I like better than my first attempt so I think I'm going to use this as some inspiration as I give this boat thing another go.

My hold up now is still those darn masts.  The original plan above used wood and required drilling out holes for the masts.  The blogger use foam for his ship and found random bits of tubing to house his masts.  I could try to find something random like that, but I was hoping to find something simpler for easy repetition.  And I would also like to keep the masts loose so they can be removed for easy storage, or to swap out the sails.  Any thoughts?

Any resources, tips, recommendations are very welcome!  I'll post back here with any updates.

• By lexomatic
      So I salvaged this bit of 16×20 particle board from a broken picture frame. I'll be using some of my foam core to make a city square/crossroads board with my foam rollers. Something for city games that isn't too time consuming, but is also good for a wide spread of genres with the proper buildings and scatter
      The tough part will be steaming off the paper and cutting down the various bits for rolling.

• By Rigel
      A bunch of ceramic decorative mushrooms from a craft store and some arms and legs from some plastic Sentinel miniatures, and I whipped up some tiny swole shroomfellas! 

Also got a Fungal Bruiser, 44135, and painted it in the scheme of the Gomphidius glutinosus plate from Von Frieden's Mushrooms of the World.
      Added my usual pinhead sprouts and repurposed a bit of green stuff I'd originally intended as a cloche hat as a mushroom cap. 

And here's all our funguys and fungals! 

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)