Norsgard Fallen Orc - an ub3r Showoff.

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is the bones version of 3761, and I think it has not made it into the store yet.  I painted it like a big orc, or like the title says, half-ogre/half-orc.  I don't normally paint blood, but this guy needed a little extra to emphasize how mean he is. 

• By Iridil
      This fellow has been lurking at the bottom of a drawer or box for over 30 years.... I finally painted him up. It was actually a bit irritating somehow... I guess that's why he sat in nothing more than a coat of primer and a red shield for so long! Not sure the maker, maybe citadel? He is on a metal part for the slot base that helpfully says 'orc'. All this time later, I love him just for nostalgia and remembering my dad painting up all those orcs... and we never used the minis in play!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Swamp Orc Standard Bearer, he's part of one of the newer factions in Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar range.

Really happy with this one and I had a lot of fun painting all his chunky detailing!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By R2ED
      Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy.  Meet Gronk.

BATTLE REPORT!

Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color. 

Wins:
      *  The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.  
      *  Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close.  (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
      *  The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.  
      *  Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
      *  The shield came out great!  If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint.  Probably my favorite small thing on this model.  

Misses:
      *  Not digging his green skin highlights.  Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light.  Crux for me. 
      *  Metal sword over all has a good look to it.  Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting.  Too runny.  Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush.  Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly. 
      *  Struggled with doing boots.  I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy.  When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up.  Lame.
      *  On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened.  I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough.  Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it.  That sucked.  Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
      *  Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop.  It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make  my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.

• By Darcstaar
      Here is the big boss of the Bones I Orc Warband.  With all of these Orcs they are shadowed with a purple color.  I added some green freckles/sun spots for a little interest.

For his shield trophies, I included some skin tones and hair colors that could represent elf, dwarf, human, goblin and undead.  The wood planks and boards on the shield are freehand.  Kavorgh got a little extra love with the bloodstain on the axe.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93235-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-12-orcpocalypse/

And the group shot.  Enjoy.