Feedback about ReaperCon '16

GuyWithCoolBackpack

The badges were pretty but I think they really needed a dedicated, clear(ish) space where people could write their names. Lots of folks had their names written on their badges but it was so hard to read that for the most part they might as well not have bothered.

For us forumites: we need a better way for other folks to find us. I met Egg of Coot at the airport on the way home and he basically hadn't found any of us. Maybe we could make ourselves a little banner or something that we could stand on a table so other forumites would be able to spot us easily?

For next year, I'm seriously considering something like this:

61NGNldvdOL._SL1000_.jpg

Personalized buttons for every forumite with their forum avatar and handle!

I was constantly remembering faces. But not as easily remembering the name or handle associated with it.

• Like 13

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some spit balled ideas inspired by the Otter...

A Paint And Crew event:

Large model ship terrain piece needed.

Hand out a random pirate mini, people take as much of the weekend as they want to paint the mini, the first 50? or 100? to be finished are eligible to crew a model ship that is on display in the painting area. This earns a ribbon and maybe a pirate lass mini?

I think this is a great idea! a community fun project.. probably best to stick to reapers theme, but the options are limitless... mass zombie attack, a village of mouselings,  heck you could do the entire caves of Chaos Dungeon. id support this idea... SOMEBODY MAKE IT SO! :;):

I'm digging the community project idea.

With the competition pieces, this would be a nice fun goal that doesn't require it to be our best work.

• Like 4

New to ReaperCon and planning to come back despite struggling to defeat the 'Highway Traffic' boss at the end of the level.

Seriously, though terrible highway traffic. :-(

My GPS navigation lady was drunk all weekend and mostly useless. :-)

J--

• Like 8

I know it probably isn't possible to change, but the time in between classes on sunday was tight.  I loved having the extra time all the other days though.  I'd love to teach more classes or larger classes, but for a lot of the painting techniques, I like having time to give individual aid.  I know next year I need to pick 2 colors rather than 4 for hard colors, since we only ended up doing 2 and just talking about the other 2.

I realize i was more exhausted on days I taught 2 or taught 1 and took 1.  Sadness, because I always want to try new things!

I too would echo the more food truck options, if only because there were 2 days I didn't eat lunch at all because of the time crunch and lines.  Also, I love all you guys, but sometimes, a girl needs to eat.  please please if you want extra corporea painty time, I'll be there, just not while I'm eating!  ::D:   I get cranky when the world denies me sleep or food!

• Like 13

New to ReaperCon and planning to come back despite struggling to defeat the 'Highway Traffic' boss at the end of the level.

Seriously, though terrible highway traffic. :-(

I-35 is like that.  It was bad 20 years ago when I drove it every day, and it's not likely to improve.  

• Like 1

I know it probably isn't possible to change, but the time in between classes on sunday was tight.  I loved having the extra time all the other days though.  I'd love to teach more classes or larger classes, but for a lot of the painting techniques, I like having time to give individual aid.  I know next year I need to pick 2 colors rather than 4 for hard colors, since we only ended up doing 2 and just talking about the other 2.

I realize i was more exhausted on days I taught 2 or taught 1 and took 1.  Sadness, because I always want to try new things!

I too would echo the more food truck options, if only because there were 2 days I didn't eat lunch at all because of the time crunch and lines.  Also, I love all you guys, but sometimes, a girl needs to eat.  please please if you want extra corporea painty time, I'll be there, just not while I'm eating!  ::D:   I get cranky when the world denies me sleep or food!

Hey if it means more coporea painty time, I'm down with bribing you with lunch. Just let me know the cuisine and it shall appear! ::D:

• Like 12

I must be in the minority, but the food was serviceable at best.  Last year's overall dining experience for me was better. The taco place around the corner was quite good.

No, I agree. It was okay. But that's about all that could be said for it... Well, except for that chocolate cake... That was REALLY good...

• Like 4

The Navy may have skewed my "this is an acceptable level of food" marker.  I'm normally in the "will it make a turd" camp, and anything after that is just a bonus.

Then again, no one ever said (or ever should say) that I was normal.

ETA: I were closer and could drive to the con (and had a truck) I would totally bring a gas grill along. ReaperCon tailgating anyone?!

• Like 11