Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I'm happy to see they've launched a 2nd KS, as I missed out on the first one.
Here's the blurb from the Kickstarter, which is live and already funded here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/292543184/wallhalla-2/description
Hey, everyone! We're Ill Gotten Games, and we're back for another round of Wallhalla, the modular, 3d printable miniature display shelves!
We're kicking this new series off with a Dangerous Dungeon theme that comes in two available styles:
Classic: (left) the original format found in Series 1, optimized for miniature display. Classic shelf units also include versions with recesses for standard round bases (20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, and 70mm).
Wall Sprawl: a new, terrain-style take that lets you build vertical dungeons and play on your wall space! (It works great as a display as well, especially if you want even more of a diorama look.)
Both of these sets are 100% compatible with one another and with any of the sets from Series 1. This campaign is for digital STL files, not finished, physical products, and you'll need access to a 3d printer to make them. All of our Wallhalla designs:
print 100% support free and are optimized for FDM machines!
assemble with durable, built-in slide-fit connectors, and don't require glue!
can be configured (and reconfigured) into whatever build suits your fancy!
are easy to paint!
Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy. Meet Gronk.
Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color.
* The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.
* Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close. (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
* The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.
* Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
* The shield came out great! If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint. Probably my favorite small thing on this model.
* Not digging his green skin highlights. Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light. Crux for me.
* Metal sword over all has a good look to it. Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting. Too runny. Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush. Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly.
* Struggled with doing boots. I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy. When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up. Lame.
* On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened. I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough. Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it. That sucked. Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
* Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop. It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.
By Grumpy Gnome
A new Kickstarter that may otherwise go under your radar.
Very entertaining 70’s/80’s nostalgia aesthetics.
By Cranky Dog
I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.
Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)
What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.
Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
Who's Online 12 Members, 3 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)