nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

16 days...

Are you packed yet?:blink:

Not packed but my plane tickets gave been bought. Should probably start thinking about what stuff I plan on bringing and what my budget can afford.

• Like 4

I'm concerned I don't have anything to enter. I've been painting a ton of table top pieces this past year. 

Im going to enter Something... Even if it's just one of my beds. 

IMG_0058.thumb.jpg.7fb23bf44cb46e2b73e6a261d47ee5d8.jpg

But I know my highlights are rough on it.... so I'd rather enter something that I have painted for display. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Bathory said:

Who packs 16 days in advance lol!!!! 

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I know, right?  I'm lucky if I pack 16 hours in advance.

Well 

I needed a question...

First thing I thought of...

• Like 8

First entry is almost done. Just a bit simple freehand and the OSL left.

Looks like at least two will be finished by the con (I'm hoping for three).

• Like 7

5 hours ago, knarthex said:

16 days...

Are you packed yet?:blink:

See, I thought I've been nice and calm about it all (if I don't finish a particular thing, that's okay, I just won't bring it, no stressing, etc.). 

However, I realized last night that the headaches I've getting the past few days have actually been tension headaches, so apparently my subconscious hasn't gotten the "no stress here!" memo. :lol:  :unsure:  :zombie:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

I managed to get all the prints sanded down smooth last night, and a trip to Michaels has provided the local flora of the planet so I've got a camo scheme set. Now to figure out how to incorporate a phased array antenna into the camo without making it look strange. I should probably put up a WIP.

But the first entry was "done" yesterday morning. It still is, but will be "more done" this evening. Got a birch bark disk I'll glue the flat elf ranger to so it can stand on its own. Won't affect the scoring (Painter's) but it will look prettier in the display cabinet after the con.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bathory said:

Who packs 16 days in advance lol!!!! 

As much crap that I bring for RCon, I may have to. Thou I'll plan for Sunday the 15th for majority of things.

• Like 4

Most of my ReaperCon stress is gone.  Two entries down,  Two more to go and they are at ~90% and ~75% complete.  I don't have to work for the US holiday Columbus Day, I'm looking forward to the three day weekend already.

• Like 6

All my stuff is about 50-75% done so with 2 Painters, 1 open, and 2 dioramas, it is major crunch time for me. I should be able to get everything done as I work best under pressure, I just need to get out of this "everything sucks" funk that I am in right now. 

• Like 7

My daughter stresses me out.  She has stopped with her mystic circle entry.  Decided to do the random color dragon she was working on and some other minis she did over the last year.  On top of that she started to sculpt her own mini this weekend saying she was going to do it and paint it up so it was the only mini of its kind.  Oh and then she asked what mini I wanted her to make me.  I told her to slow it down a notch but that did not change much.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 10

Alright... now that my Volunteer schedule is all worked out.  Looks like my big free spot is going to be Thursday after I'm done with Sophie Says.  Let's peruse the menu... and see if it will be a Reaper Tour or some other misadventure...

• Like 4