nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

4 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Alright... now that my Volunteer schedule is all worked out.  Looks like my big free spot is going to be Thursday after I'm done with Sophie Says.  Let's peruse the menu... and see if it will be a Reaper Tour or some other misadventure...

The tour, hands down. It really is pretty amazing to see where the magic happens....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, haldir said:

As much crap that I bring for RCon, I may have to. Thou I'll plan for Sunday the 15th for majority of things.

I brought a ton of stuff last year.  Hardly used any of it, so I'm taking a minimalist approach this year.  If it doesn't fit in my backpack, it probably won't be brought.

• Like 5

Awesome Wife has started planning our lunches. She's found two places near the Asian grocery, a kaiten sushi place (conveyer belt) and a Japanese-style Korean BBQ place. She is now excited to be coming.

And making the kids super jealous. 

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Awesome Wife has started planning our lunches. She's found two places near the Asian grocery, a kaiten sushi place (conveyer belt) and a Japanese-style Korean BBQ place. She is now excited to be coming.

And making the kids super jealous. 

We might have to steal some of her research.

And now I'm hungry for both BBQ and sushi.

::o:

• Like 7

On 10/1/2017 at 1:33 AM, knarthex said:

17 more days....

Panicking yet????

Do you know what your costume is?

I plan to attend the con cleverly disguised as a 40-something nerd.

• Like 6

On 10/1/2017 at 0:33 AM, knarthex said:

17 more days....

Panicking yet????

Do you know what your costume is?

22 hours ago, Bathory said:

I will be wearing my normal clothing... which happens to have skulls so I guess that's horror like. 

Im slowly plugging along on my painting and I'm not panicking. If it gets done it gets done. I also took some days off next week so I have some extra paint time.

Packed... ::(: And my antlers are cracked...

My druid boots and skirt are things I wear frequently, so those went into the box that came with us. I'll be wearing normal clothes, though judging by y'all's reactions to my ridiculous socks and bat skirts, those are not general issue street clothes. :lol: 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

We might have to steal some of her research.

And now I'm hungry for both BBQ and sushi.

::o:

I'm sure she will be willing to share addresses and a determination of how authentically Japanese both are. She's pretty critical, especially when they use the wrong sauce for a dish. I couldn't tell you one way or the other, but hey, uncouth American with no taste here. 

• Like 7

i brought way too much stuff when we just went on vacation so I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum. I think we can get away with one suitcase. And it won't be cold (compared to Boston) so I can get away with leggings and tee shirts and a hoodie. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I plan to attend the con cleverly disguised as a 40-something nerd.

Oh man...you always come as the same thing every year.  How are we supposed to know what you really look like?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Bathory said:

i brought way too much stuff when we just went on vacation so I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum. I think we can get away with one suitcase. And it won't be cold (compared to Boston) so I can get away with leggings and tee shirts and a hoodie. 

The nights can get a tad chilly as a bunch of us hang out and have drink while conversing. So I think a hoody or light jacket would be good for everyone to bring along. 

• Like 4

Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

The nights can get a tad chilly as a bunch of us hang out and have drink while conversing. So I think a hoody or light jacket would be good for everyone to bring along. 

Must be one of those southern barbarians.

• Like 11

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

Must be one of those southern barbarians.

I’m not used to MN winters anymore. I remember shorts and T-shirt’s as a kid when it got barely above freezing and the snows started to melt. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

This week. Time to get cracking hard on the diorama! No more excuses, no more procrastinating! 

Changing Houses @ub3r_n3rd?::P:

• Like 4