nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm not sure why, but it sort-of depresses me that in 2 weeks it will all be over. 

Dang it, now that you say that... ME TOO!

It’s the build-up and excitement that we’ve all been waiting on the Con to arrive. 

• Like 4

Green Stuff should be cured this evening! So I'm priming tonight and painting tomorrow! I'm still on track for those 4 days of painting!

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

This is your two week warning. Two weeks!

Yes, two weeks until you can start panicking about your 2018 entry!

/Oh, sorry! Too soon?

Dude I actually need to do it that way - There are a few outfits I really want to make for next fall so I need to have my entry done way ahead of time!

After ReaperCon, I need to finish two costumes I started a while back. Next year, I will finally be able to make the Poison Ivy dress I want, the Wonder Woman training outfit I wanted to make this year (no time!), and my vow renewal dress! :wub: I can't believe that's only one year away already!

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm not sure why, but it sort-of depresses me that in 2 weeks it will all be over. 

The con crash last year hit me hard. ::(: I've been to a lot of cons, but I was not ready for this one to mean so much! I was really kicking myself for being so introverted the first few days, but it was a lot to sink in!

• Like 8

I’m much more comfortable after going the last couple years. It’s just nice to see everyone again and enjoy this con that celebrates all aspects of our shared hobby!

• Like 6

I'll tell you, tho, I'd sure have more money to spend at the con if not for the Kickstarter...

• Like 8

As with last year my Christmas savings I do through my work came in last week. It gives me extra monies to spend on my Christmas present to me.  At least that's how I rationalize it in my head.

• Like 5

i'm hoping this year goes better than last for us, last year was pretty dreadful and i didn't enjoy myself very much (no fault of Reaper or anyone)

He ended up wiht a migraine on the plane flight into Dallas, was sick the entire time we were driving to where we were staying, was bed ridden the rest of the day. I barely slept that night, and the next day he was still not good and we tried to have fun at the Con

i dunno, it was a mess last year. Really hoping for a better one this time

• Like 8

Spending at Con- I will get paid a few days before, my birthday and wedding anniversary are in October and I'm bringing my spouse :)

That being said I'm pretty picky about purchases at this point so I'm thinking I may end up with some plinths or other stuff I don't currently own.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'm hoping this year goes better than last for us, last year was pretty dreadful and i didn't enjoy myself very much (no fault of Reaper or anyone)

He ended up wiht a migraine on the plane flight into Dallas, was sick the entire time we were driving to where we were staying, was bed ridden the rest of the day. I barely slept that night, and the next day he was still not good and we tried to have fun at the Con

i dunno, it was a mess last year. Really hoping for a better one this time

Liking that in hopes that your 2017 experience will be much better experience.

As for me, '16 was probably one of my best RCons yet. With the exception of one night & in no fault Reaper's I had a fantastic time. I hope this year's is as good or even better.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Hangouts making fools of yourselves.during Reapercon.::D:

Hangouts could be tough given no internet connectivity other than cellular in a building that interferes greatly with the signal.  So don't hold your breath although I am sure we will try!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Hangouts could be tough given no internet connectivity other than cellular in a building that interferes greatly with the signal.  So don't hold your breath although I am sure we will try!

It's been done!

• Like 6

Spending? At the con... uh... I actually expect it to be fairly minimal this year. A few minis, a few paints...

• Like 4