nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

We would have loved to join you, but they had not been moving very quickly telling us what they were doing for the table for us. (And my husband was getting hungry.) 

Also, we would have sat with you when we got to the Hilton garden but you were on your phone and we didn't want to bother you! I was hoping you would have joined us later! but you didn't. ::(: 

I wasn’t sure exactly what was going on with the table stuff because I was so far down from you two. I was hoping you’d be able to join the group and was disappointed that the restaurant wasn’t faster getting a second area ready for us 

I was talking to Mrs. n3rd and then wanted a little bit of quieter time away from a larger group as what ended up accumulating when I got off the phone and you invited me over. I did appreciate the invite though. ::): 

• Like 4

Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

I wasn’t sure exactly what was going on with the table stuff because I was so far down from you two. I was hoping you’d be able to join the group and was disappointed that the restaurant wasn’t faster getting a second area ready for us 

I was talking to Mrs. n3rd and then wanted a little bit of quieter time away from a larger group as what ended up accumulating when I got off the phone and you invited me over. I did appreciate the invite though. ::): 

The invite when I said stay over there because you suck. 

I'm glad you know me too well. :lol:

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Oh my gosh! You guys! I just had the craziest most awesome sequence of events happen! :bday::wub: It will require a little backstory to explain. 

One of the things I was really looking forward to was showing my finished Ma'al to Julie, and having her sign the base. I did manage to show it to her right before I entered it for judging, but didn't have a sharpie on me at the time so said I'd bring it back later. So the contest award ceremony happened the next day, but I didn't want to pick up Ma'al until today (Sunday) because it was so crowded in the display area. I had classes all day today and never did get a chance to hunt Julie down, and I was really kind of sad about it.

Fast forward to: When I was packing Ma'al up for shipping at Fedex, I decided to just take the separate piece of terrain in my luggage, because otherwise it would likely just rattle around and scratch stuff. So I shoved it in my backpack and didn't really think about it further. 

Fast forward again to: After hanging out at the HGI for a bit following dinner and saying goodbyes, I started to head back to my hotel. @Chaoswolf stopped me just outside the door (only @knarthex was out there at the time) and asked if I wanted some extra bottles of vitamin water, and I said I would and followed him back in. I chatted with peoples until he came back, then left for reals this time.

At some point during that small span of time, Julie and Bob had come back to the HGI, but had stopped to chat with @knarthex instead of continuing inside, so I saw them when I walked out the door! And I just sobhappened to have a piece of Ma'al's base in my backpack! (which I had conveniently not had time to unload since the con, otherwise I would have removed it) And a sharpie! :bday:

So I did manage to have Julie Guthrie sign my Ma'al Drakar after all, and I'm so very very happy. ^_^:wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm Helping!!!!

She and Bob are really awesome people!!!!

I just had my mind blown!!!!

Can't give you all any details, but @ReaperWolf just told me that Dreadmere will never be the same!!!!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 13

Yay, I found my missing mini! It was buried at the very bottom of the fanny pack I was using as a purse. :) 

Huzzah!

• Like 21

I'm glad that so many new people had a great time with all the crazy people!!!!

For those of you who are new, and are thinking about coming, but are worried about the"but I don't know anyone" syndrome, get on the Google Hangouts and talk with us!

I know a few folks that found that a great help!!!!

Shameless plug<_<

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Has the theme for next year been announced?

Not that I heard.

Made it through security and am cooling my heel in the gate waiting area. My flight is an hour from now, so I get to hang out here for a little bit and try to not tip over onto my carry-on and start snoring lol. 

Huzzah!

• Like 12

If you're at Lovefield we can bug you for a little before you take off. 

Otherwise, we are winding through the line. So... many... people.

• Like 6

Awake, headed down soon for a much quieter breakfast, then on the road to less humid climes. How you all paint without the ability to actually have paint dry, I'll never know. One figure is still wet!

Thank goodness we'll be driving. I count at least six bags we didn't arrive with. I don't see the paint set and mouslings that we won in the auction. Wife has already absconded with her loot, safely hiding it away in her suitcase where I'm not allowed. Thanks to all who donated their remaining ReaperBucks to get that mousling set. She says she will try to get them all painted.

• Like 17