nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

4 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Awake, headed down soon for a much quieter breakfast, then on the road to less humid climes. How you all paint without the ability to actually have paint dry, I'll never know. One figure is still wet!

Dallas is dry compared to Austin or San Antonio. Houston area, though, is the worst.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Awake, headed down soon for a much quieter breakfast, then on the road to less humid climes. How you all paint without the ability to actually have paint dry, I'll never know. One figure is still wet!

Thank goodness we'll be driving. I count at least six bags we didn't arrive with. I don't see the paint set and mouslings that we won in the auction. Wife has already absconded with her loot, safely hiding it away in her suitcase where I'm not allowed. Thanks to all who donated their remaining ReaperBucks to get that mousling set. She says she will try to get them all painted.

Eventually. It doesn't have to be by next year. She has her right to immortality.

• Like 9

2018 Is an intended Year of Professional Development...meaning Reapercon is an unlikely expenditure.

But! 2019 is more likely, and I might have some things painted by then.

• Like 10

Almost time to board. The feelings of sadness is starting to hit ... or it's acid reflux from the lemonade i just drank. 

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Loim said:

Still waiting on the date. If it's in October again then it's not likely I'll be there. 

Seconded. I got(partially) lucky this year, but next year there's no way I'd be able to attend anything that's mid-October or later.

If it's earlier than that, I might try to go for some classes this time!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

2018 Is an intended Year of Professional Development...meaning Reapercon is an unlikely expenditure.

But! 2019 is more likely, and I might have some things painted by then.

Sort of similar thing here.  2018 my daughters and I are going to Denmark, and that's likely to eat up the travel budget.  I'm going to work on making 2019 happen, and it will likely also take me that long to practice all the stuff I learned this year.  Wooo!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, knarthex said:

I'm glad that so many new people had a great time with all the crazy people!!!!

For those of you who are new, and are thinking about coming, but are worried about the"but I don't know anyone" syndrome, get on the Google Hangouts and talk with us!

I know a few folks that found that a great help!!!!

Shameless plug<_<

The hangouts are great! And the more, the merrier!!

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

If you're at Lovefield we can bug you for a little before you take off. 

Otherwise, we are winding through the line. So... many... people.

At love field now, and there was NO line. Getting through security was easy this year!

Now chilin at gate 16 for the next... 90+ minutes.

• Like 8

TripleH and I made it safe to Seattle. Just a short 1 hour flight after that to Pasco airport! 

The first flight was a bit interesting, one of the passengers had a minor medical emergency. Everything was handled and he deboarded here just fine under his own power. I'll post more about it later, boarding shortly. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Dislike. Severely.

Sure. but BTW, I snore. So good luck sleeping.

So does Doc. (I roomed with him my first RCon).  Not any worse then the berthing on the ship, but it wasn't subtle either.

Had great com.  Wonderful see ing all of the new faces, along with the many old friends.

Loot picture will wait til I make it home.  Currently getting ready to board so will be going dark.  I'll post a longer post Con wrap up later.

• Like 8

Sitting at Gate 3 in Love Field awaiting my 12:30 flight home. Already formulating plans for next year’s Con. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

So does Doc. (I roomed with him my first RCon).  Not any worse then the berthing on the ship, but it wasn't subtle either.

Had great com.  Wonderful see ing all of the new faces, along with the many old friends.

Loot picture will wait til I make it home.  Currently getting ready to board so will be going dark.  I'll post a longer post Con wrap up later.

5 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Sitting at Gate 3 in Love Field awaiting my 12:30 flight home. Already formulating plans for next year’s Con. 

What they said. ..

• Like 7