nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

Forgot to mention that I need to find another Reapercon pen from our swag bags.  My daughter's was missing from table after leaving it there for a bit.  I assumed someone used it and forgot to put it back or placed it on a nearby table.  Gave her mine so she would not be upset but I do love having my RCon collection of pens.  Hopefully they have a stash of extras or someone does not care about theirs and can donate it.

• Like 5

I know we donated at least one of our pens to the BoGW but we supposedly have a second floating around. Heck if I know where it is, but if you don't get a replacement by tonight feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm debating what I want my ribbon for next year to be. I love my Stomp of Approval, but I'm leaning towards Forum Friend or Forumite instead, because I want to encourage new people to join us! I know of at least two people who signed up to get a ribbon, and another who didn't even know there were Reaper forums until I told her. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm making a forum member ribbon that says LEGITIMATE, and I'm looking for someone to use my alternate:  THEM.  It's yours if you want it, to make people become "One of THEM."

My other two planned ribbons are:

BIZNESS: Blame me for something

APOCALIPS:  Buy a mini in a Dark Heaven blister and show it to me

• Like 15

On 10/22/2017 at 4:15 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm hungry too. Somebody save me a steak.

I tried to, but it ended up making an excellent Monday morning pre flight breakfast.::D:

On 10/22/2017 at 6:30 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Sure. but BTW, I snore. So good luck sleeping.

That's what pillows are for.:devil:

On 10/22/2017 at 11:48 PM, OneBoot said:

Oh my gosh! You guys! I just had the craziest most awesome sequence of events happen! :bday::wub: It will require a little backstory to explain. 

One of the things I was really looking forward to was showing my finished Ma'al to Julie, and having her sign the base. I did manage to show it to her right before I entered it for judging, but didn't have a sharpie on me at the time so said I'd bring it back later. So the contest award ceremony happened the next day, but I didn't want to pick up Ma'al until today (Sunday) because it was so crowded in the display area. I had classes all day today and never did get a chance to hunt Julie down, and I was really kind of sad about it.

Fast forward to: When I was packing Ma'al up for shipping at Fedex, I decided to just take the separate piece of terrain in my luggage, because otherwise it would likely just rattle around and scratch stuff. So I shoved it in my backpack and didn't really think about it further. 

Fast forward again to: After hanging out at the HGI for a bit following dinner and saying goodbyes, I started to head back to my hotel. @Chaoswolf stopped me just outside the door (only @knarthex was out there at the time) and asked if I wanted some extra bottles of vitamin water, and I said I would and followed him back in. I chatted with peoples until he came back, then left for reals this time.

At some point during that small span of time, Julie and Bob had come back to the HGI, but had stopped to chat with @knarthex instead of continuing inside, so I saw them when I walked out the door! And I just sobhappened to have a piece of Ma'al's base in my backpack! (which I had conveniently not had time to unload since the con, otherwise I would have removed it) And a sharpie! :bday:

So I did manage to have Julie Guthrie sign my Ma'al Drakar after all, and I'm so very very happy. ^_^:wub:

Huzzah!

Yay, I helped!!:bday:

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

So having an after con withdrawal....

Glad as Hades I have today off from work....

Same here.

Except I took the whole week.::D:

I had a wonderful time this year, it was great to get to see friends again, as well as to meet people I've talked to for the past year here on the boards in person. I'm already looking forward to next year!

My wife also had a great time this year, and is already talking about when WE go back next year, so thanks for giving her a warm welcome, everybody!

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I'm making a forum member ribbon that says LEGITIMATE, and I'm looking for someone to use my alternate:  THEM.  It's yours if you want it, to make people become "One of THEM."

My other two planned ribbons are:

BIZNESS: Blame me for something

APOCALIPS:  Buy a mini in a Dark Heaven blister and show it to me

Nothing for dropping old Grenadier in the melt bin?

(Or rescuing it, I suppose.)

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

Nothing for dropping old Grenadier in the melt bin?

(Or rescuing it, I suppose.)

Four ribbons might be a tad much, but I was thinking PARTHIAN for proof of a rescued old Partha.

• Like 15

i always thought about doing ribbons, but never really came to the conclusion it was a good idea. I don't see half the ribbons everyone else makes either xD so i tend to not really worry about ribbons anymore. Half the things i do that supposedly give a ribbon never do (like paint and taket, buy something from a vendor, prime something, etc..) 

so i stopped worrying about ribbons. If i end up with one, great! if i see someone handing them out, woo! otherwise i'm not going out of my way for them after 3 years of fruitless trying =P

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Sweet! I'll totally do that, I like it better than my ideas. :D

I'll probably still do STOMP of Approval, though I'll need to think of a different (but still easy to acquire) way to get it. Maybe "Tell me something you did at the con that you're proud of" or similar.

@Sirithiliel - I only found out on Saturday that for a lot of the things you listed, one had to ask for them at the registration desk. It may have been announced somewhere, but I wasn't aware of it.

Huzzah!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

- They now sell a 94 proof version on Kraken vice the normal 70 proof one.  The cost is the same.  Guess which octane I ended up buying?

THIS explains a lot. I thought I'd suddenly become a lightweight. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm debating what I want my ribbon for next year to be. I love my Stomp of Approval, but I'm leaning towards Forum Friend or Forumite instead, because I want to encourage new people to join us! I know of at least two people who signed up to get a ribbon, and another who didn't even know there were Reaper forums until I told her. ^_^

Huzzah!

That was definitely a super fun part! My Deer Friend ribbon info traveled fast, and it was a great opportunity to ask new faces if they had joined the forums yet, and that they could be my friend there. ^_^

Unfortunately I did run out of ribbons and there were many artists and forumites that didn't get one!

I'll be sticking with Deer Friend next year, but I'm thinking about taking a little sketchbook or something for folks to sign as a memory book, and that's how they get my ribbon. ::D: 

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Four ribbons might be a tad much, but I was thinking PARTHIAN for proof of a rescued old Partha.

Parthian Shot?

21 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

That was definitely a super fun part! My Deer Friend ribbon info traveled fast, and it was a great opportunity to ask new faces if they had joined the forums yet, and that they could be my friend there. ^_^

Unfortunately I did run out of ribbons and there were many artists and forumites that didn't get one!

I'll be sticking with Deer Friend next year, but I'm thinking about taking a little sketchbook or something for folks to sign as a memory book, and that's how they get my ribbon. ::D: 

I knew the ribbons would be a big hit! I even bought a pair of antlers in your honour! ::D:

• Like 11