nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 hour ago, SamuraiJack said:

Considering a house Procrastinus ribbon for those who can tell me how many entries they intended to paint versus how many they actually painted

You should stand by Debbie's entry registration desk, starting at 4:30 Friday afternoon, and just hand a Procrastius ribbon to each and every person who comes by to submit an entry.

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

You should stand by Debbie's entry registration desk, starting at 4:30 Friday afternoon, and just hand a Procrastius ribbon to each and every person who comes by to submit an entry.

I'd have gotten that one. Bonus points for the paint still being wet, right?

• Like 11

My House P status may be in jeopardy with my painting marathon I did the 2 -  3 months before RCon this year!! Glad I was able to show my players painted creatures & scenery pieces at least!! 2018 will showcase both DM & PC figs in all color glory!!

I will try to get a ribbon with something to do with how many RCon you've attended.....oooooooohhhhh ahhhhh!!

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'd have gotten that one. Bonus points for the paint still being wet, right?

Extra bonus points if you used oils, and the paint is still wet when the judges are judging the minis?

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, haldir said:

My House P status may be in jeopardy with my painting marathon I did the 2 -  3 months before RCon this year!! Glad I was able to show my players painted creatures & scenery pieces at least!! 2018 will showcase both DM & PC figs in all color glory!!

I will try to get a ribbon with something to do with how many RCon you've attended.....oooooooohhhhh ahhhhh!!

I was speaking with Ron Hawkins and his wife at the fire pit and suggested a veteran ribbon, meaning armed forces, and Ron's wife thought I meant what you are thinking of doing...

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You are in good company.  I neglected to mention it to anyone.

Made for a fun few nights though.... 

And y'all, I didn't get anything from that delicious Texas Tea. For once I didn't get carded, maybe she thought I was a child and gave me a nice one. :lol:

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i always thought about doing ribbons, but never really came to the conclusion it was a good idea.

I went with gold coins: I figured that as the hardest Bingo contestant to find, people deserve a prize if they locate me. Plus, chocolate is yummy. ::D:

I gave out two pounds of gold-foil chocolate coins this year! I never did find haldir, however...

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Bold said:

I went with gold coins: I figured that as the hardest Bingo contestant to find, people deserve a prize if they locate me. Plus, chocolate is yummy. ::D:

I gave out two pounds of gold-foil chocolate coins this year! I never did find haldir, however...

He's usually rooted at the gaming table running a game. ^.^

It was good meeting you. I now have a face to place to the name... until the next con at least. =P

--- edit ---

I am going to utilize @TaleSpinner dream sequence for people to earn a badge from me. I'm going to hoard the platypus made by him and bring them to con for people to paint. To earn my badge, people will have to place the painted platypus near their entry somewhere. *muahhahaha* Now I will not get into as much trouble as my original plan. >:D

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 13

I found a fair number of people, but I didn't actually introduce myself to everyone.  And I didn't feel like I had enough time for socializing.  If we can make it a second time (which is likely more a matter of when, not if) then I'm going to sign up for a couple of games and reduce the number of classes.  Don't really regret the classes I did take, though, even if I spent an hour and a half standing to watch DKS paint.  ^_^ 

• Like 11

Haha, I tried waving to ya, but you were moving around with so much energy trying to hunt down forumites on your bingo card. ^.^

• Like 9

1 minute ago, pcktlnt said:

Haha, I tried waving to ya, but you were moving around with so much energy trying to hunt down forumites on your bingo card. ^.^

Yup, too many people to meet everyone!  Probably didn't help that we showed up a little later than most people and left a little earlier.  It couldn't really be helped, but some day we'll try and do it differently.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

Yup, too many people to meet everyone!  Probably didn't help that we showed up a little later than most people and left a little earlier.  It couldn't really be helped, but some day we'll try and do it differently.  

One year you go Thursday to Sunday morning and say, "Man, I missed the Meet'n'Greet! We need to get there earlier next time!"

The next year you go Wednesday to Sunday morning and say "Crap, I missed out on the forumite dinner!"

Year Three has you staying until Sunday night. You hit the dinner and rush to get your plane and decide, "Eh, screw it, let's just stay until Monday."

At some point I think you just move to Dallas.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

One year you go Thursday to Sunday morning and say, "Man, I missed the Meet'n'Greet! We need to get there earlier next time!"

The next year you go Wednesday to Sunday morning and say "Crap, I missed out on the forumite dinner!"

Year Three has you staying until Sunday night. You hit the dinner and rush to get your plane and decide, "Eh, screw it, let's just stay until Monday."

At some point I think you just move to Dallas.

We went 1,3,4

• Like 9