nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

49 minutes ago, Bold said:

I went with gold coins: I figured that as the hardest Bingo contestant to find, people deserve a prize if they locate me. Plus, chocolate is yummy. ::D:

I gave out two pounds of gold-foil chocolate coins this year! I never did find haldir, however...

Muhahahaha!!!! ::D: To be honest I'm quite hard to find if you don't know me or what I look like + I wasn't on that many sheets (which even adds to the whole thing) but yes, majority of the Con I'm at one of the rpg tables running games. In contrast you were one of the few people that I didn't find to give out the name tag too. Seems like the ones I did make up for people I'd see them (see Uber for example) but not have the sheet on me. No where to be found, I had the sheet....:huh:. I'll do them up next year as well.

I've already planning 1 game for '18. Heck I picked it up this summer. I'm gonna not try to run as many next year. I may knock it back to 1 per day + I'm not sure what WbGoblins game I'm gonna run. I'm hoping that Goblins in Spaaaaaccceeeee!! get to be the FreeRPG Day item from Paizo next year. So who knows, we shall see.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

we'll always be coming home on Sunday unless we live in Dallas, so we'll always miss the forumite dinner

Our class and work schedules had us leaving Sunday this year, ourselves. Year Two we flew out Monday evening and had time to tour Dallas that day and it was amazingly relaxing, though. If you can ever swing that, it helped me limit my travel stress a lot.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Don't really regret the classes I did take, though, even if I spent an hour and a half standing to watch DKS paint.  ^_^ 

The one that started at 12:30 on Sunday?

I was there.

Hello, it's nice to meet you!

::D:

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

We went 1,3,4

I started at 4 my first time and have kept it up this far.  Then again I had read all of the previous years threads as they happened, so I had at least learned from others mistakes.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I found a fair number of people, but I didn't actually introduce myself to everyone.  And I didn't feel like I had enough time for socializing.  If we can make it a second time (which is likely more a matter of when, not if) then I'm going to sign up for a couple of games and reduce the number of classes.  Don't really regret the classes I did take, though, even if I spent an hour and a half standing to watch DKS paint.  ^_^ 

Bet watching him paint blew your mind a bit...

I took a class last year with him and walked away dazed...

6 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I started at 4 my first time and have kept it up this far.  Then again I had read all of the previous years threads as they happened, so I had at least learned from others mistakes.

This

• Like 5

We got in just a shade late Wednesday - we were on a plane, while the meet and greet was going - but we made it to the Forumite dinner. ^^;

Mr. Thorne says we would have flown out on Monday either way, he just had a brain fart on the timing. Heh.

I rationed my class time very carefully - I wanted to have time to take the tour, and mebbe play games, and definitely paint - and I managed to do two of those three things, and fireball Brian's office (wonder if he's found it yet.... ).

So, good times. ^^;

Also ... just, y'know, a thing that occurred to me, as I recall the tisane I was swilling most evenings... if Reaper manages to lure Friday Afternoon Tea to Reapercon? They make a really nice Echinacea blend with lemon and ginger that is decent vs. colds. Better with honey....

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

-I learned that if you see something of interest on the melt table....GRAB IT NOW!  I came back for some CAV infantry found only denuded sprues.

Very true - fortunately I arrived at the table right after a couple squads worth of Sisters of Battle were put on it.

Edited by Sharky
  • Like 8

44 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Very true - fortunately I arrived at the table right after a couple squads worth of Sisters of Battle were put on it.

::o:

• Like 1

Thanks to @MissMelons for sending around the tray of Bones from the sets she won, I pulled a lot of neat stuff out of it - including a robust selection of lizardmen I needed rather badly.  Also, it was awesome to see your work in person because it was quite nicely painted. 

• Like 13

To be found it helps if you look like your avatar lol. I had so many people walking up going “Bathory?” 

Barely made it through work yesterday! I’m still so tired and I just want to paint.

i feel like I didn’t meet everyone and didn’t have the energy to meet everyone either. It was a lot of new people. 

• Like 14

All the more reason to keep coming back! Getting to know everyone is a multi con project. Even so, I doubt meeting all the forum folks is a reasonable goal.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Thanks to @MissMelons for sending around the tray of Bones from the sets she won, I pulled a lot of neat stuff out of it - including a robust selection of lizardmen I needed rather badly.  Also, it was awesome to see your work in person because it was quite nicely painted. 

:wub: Thannnnnkkkkks!!!! I'm glad the bones were useful! We werent sire if anyone would want them once we passed them out but in pleased to know they went to a good home!

• Like 12

12 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

One year you go Thursday to Sunday morning and say, "Man, I missed the Meet'n'Greet! We need to get there earlier next time!"

The next year you go Wednesday to Sunday morning and say "Crap, I missed out on the forumite dinner!"

Year Three has you staying until Sunday night. You hit the dinner and rush to get your plane and decide, "Eh, screw it, let's just stay until Monday."

At some point I think you just move to Dallas.

I followed along with the threads and asked questions before hand, so I missed the M-n-G my first time going, and I corrected that mistake last year. I've always stayed 'till Monday, just because I didn't want to have to rush around to catch a plane late in the afternoon that was gonna end up getting me home at midnight or later.

• Like 10

One year you go Thursday to Sunday morning and say, "Man, I missed the Meet'n'Greet! We need to get there earlier next time!"

The next year you go Wednesday to Sunday morning and say "Crap, I missed out on the forumite dinner!"

Year Three has you staying until Sunday night. You hit the dinner and rush to get your plane and decide, "Eh, screw it, let's just stay until Monday."

I started at 2, but it took me a few years to reach 3.

Moving to Dallas has a certain appeal, but I'm not there yet. It might just be easier to turn to a life of super-villainy, and figure out a way to move Dallas closer to me.

• Like 12

Next year I'm going on Tuesday and leaving Monday afternoon.

• Like 17