nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

12 hours ago, knarthex said:

Bet watching him paint blew your mind a bit...

I took a class last year with him and walked away dazed...

One of my high points for the con was watching James Wappel blow @OneBoot's mind in his "shaded bas coat" class. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

I started at 2, but it took me a few years to reach 3.

Moving to Dallas has a certain appeal, but I'm not there yet. It might just be easier to turn to a life of super-villainy, and figure out a way to move Dallas closer to me.

I like this plan. This is a good plan. I am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

40 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

One of my high points for the con was watching James Wappel blow @OneBoot's mind in his "shaded bas coat" class. 

:lol: He did rather! Like every 30 seconds he'd casually say or do something that broke my brain in new and interesting ways! And then when he turned us loose on our own figures, oh man, I had ridiculous fun being messy and mixing all sorts of paint and just having a grand old time. :bday:

I am now thoroughly convinced of the need to acquire several BIG brushes and return to using a wet palette. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 16

I try to catch a Wapple class every year. He is a mad genius pushing the norms of figure painting. And the shaded base coats class is a game changer.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, DixonGrfx said:

I try to catch a Wapple class every year. He is a mad genius pushing the norms of figure painting. And the shaded base coats class is a game changer.

I need to watch that video I have (got it in a bundle with some KS figures) on his Shaded Basecoats.  If I still don't get it, the I may just have to sign up for the class next year.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I need to watch that video I have (got it in a bundle with some KS figures) on his Shaded Basecoats.  If I still don't get it, the I may just have to sign up for the class next year.

The video is cool, but actually taking the class is different enough to make it worth it.  I watched the video first and tried the techniques and they worked out OK.  But taking the class this year really helped understand it much better.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Silvervane said:

The video is cool, but actually taking the class is different enough to make it worth it.  I watched the video first and tried the techniques and they worked out OK.  But taking the class this year really helped understand it much better.

I remember you saying so.  I figure I'll try the video (as I already have it) and then take the class if I feel I don't have grasp on it.

Plus I still need to take the Hot Chicks class.  I had a chance when someone dropped it (thanks George for the PM when you found it) but I already had a class during that time period.  I'll get it eventually.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The one that started at 12:30 on Sunday?

I was there.

Hello, it's nice to meet you!

::D:

I spotted your "very bright lights" and figured out who you were, but I didn't want to miss the auction so I didn't linger at the end of class.  I was the female that wasn't Mocha.  ::):  

"INTENSE BROWN!!"  ::D: 

8 hours ago, Bathory said:

To be found it helps if you look like your avatar lol. I had so many people walking up going “Bathory?” 

Barely made it through work yesterday! I’m still so tired and I just want to paint.

i feel like I didn’t meet everyone and didn’t have the energy to meet everyone either. It was a lot of new people. 

After I thought about it I realized that perhaps I sat and chatted with you a bit?  Assuming you are the person who looks so youthful.  :;): 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

"INTENSE BROWN!!"  ::D: 

That might have to be a ribbon.

Just for those who were there when "INTENSE BROWN!"

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Plus I still need to take the Hot Chicks class.  I had a chance when someone dropped it (thanks George for the PM when you found it) but I already had a class during that time period.  I'll get it eventually.

I think Jeremy slid into the slot...

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, knarthex said:
2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I think Jeremy slid into the slot...

Yup, that was probably me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

My cat is in love with our swag bag bag

BDF100F3-3FB0-4C76-A756-B32C03FF699E.jpeg

My kids got my bags again...

• Like 4

17 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Thanks to @MissMelons for sending around the tray of Bones from the sets she won, I pulled a lot of neat stuff out of it - including a robust selection of lizardmen I needed rather badly.  Also, it was awesome to see your work in person because it was quite nicely painted. 

we figured it would be good to spread the wealth.....also, when we went on vacation in June, we  somehow lost most of our bones 3 stuff and when we won it in the auction it was a pretty good feeling.

12 hours ago, Bathory said:

To be found it helps if you look like your avatar lol.

We went with the "forum name matching what we look like" route lol. Huge tracks of land and all.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

One year you go Thursday to Sunday morning and say, "Man, I missed the Meet'n'Greet! We need to get there earlier next time!"

The next year you go Wednesday to Sunday morning and say "Crap, I missed out on the forumite dinner!"

Year Three has you staying until Sunday night. You hit the dinner and rush to get your plane and decide, "Eh, screw it, let's just stay until Monday."

At some point I think you just move to Dallas.

Hmm. I'm exactly on schedule as of Year 2. Looks like I better start planning for an extra night next year... and my eventual move to Dallas. ::D:

Seriously though, I hope I'm able to attend again next year: these last two years, Reapercon has fallen on the exact 4-day weekend of my job's "Fall Break", which has enabled me to attend. A week in either direction (or the return to the spring) would mean I couldn't attend.  ::(:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Silvervane said:

I have to agree.. watching him do it in person was a total eye opener on the technique that I wasn't picking up from the video

• Like 6