nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

The whole rigmarole of having him tell me "Paint faster! Be sloppier! No, stop cleaning off the brush! That's bad!" while I was trying it out in class was also very helpful.

• Like 8

On 10/24/2017 at 9:05 PM, LittleBluberry said:

Yup, too many people to meet everyone!  Probably didn't help that we showed up a little later than most people and left a little earlier.  It couldn't really be helped, but some day we'll try and do it differently.  

Im glad you hunted us down in the parking lot and gave us the much needed brain bleach. (My husband loves it btw.)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

The whole rigmarole of having him tell me "Paint faster! Be sloppier! No, stop cleaning off the brush! That's bad!" while I was trying it out in class was also very helpful.

That would drive me insane... :blink:

• Like 5

On 10/24/2017 at 1:48 PM, Crowley said:

Hmmm... House tabletop ribbons - enter a tabletop quality mini into the painting contest? Play a game with a mini you painted at the con?

Whats a 'tabletop' paint job? Could a tabletop paint job win bronze, silver or even gold?

I do use my  painted bones in games, so I would at least qualify that way.

22 hours ago, MissMelons said:

:wub: Thannnnnkkkkks!!!! I'm glad the bones were useful! We werent sire if anyone would want them once we passed them out but in pleased to know they went to a good home!

I grabbed some vegemeeples and a couple lizard men! Thank you!

12 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

we figured it would be good to spread the wealth.....also, when we went on vacation in June, we  somehow lost most of our bones 3 stuff and when we won it in the auction it was a pretty good feeling.

We went with the "forum name matching what we look like" route lol. Huge tracks of land and all.

I hope this doesn't mean you were burglarized or had people steal your mail. It sounds Sergio regardless and I'm glad the auction could help make you whole. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Whats a 'tabletop' paint job? Could a tabletop paint job win bronze, silver or even gold?

I grabbed some vegemeeples and a couple lizard men! Thank you!

I hope this doesn't mean you were burglarized or had people steal your mail. It sounds Sergio regardless and I'm glad the auction could help make you whole. 

Bones would be an odd thing to steal. They likely ended up high up on a bookshelf where 5'1 me cant see or in thr closet for some weird reason. We tore the house apart looking but never found them though.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

Bones would be an odd thing to steal. They likely ended up high up on a bookshelf where 5'1 me cant see or in thr closet for some weird reason. We tore the house apart looking but never found them though.

Liked for the dogged determination to divine the deviously hidden location; not for the loss.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MissMelons said:

They went into the Secret Immortality Sauce!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

A basic tabletop paint job, as i define it: Base colors blocked in. Wash. Highlight. Done.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

Wait, what? What on earth kind of class were you attending?!?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

A basic tabletop paint job, as i define it: Base colors blocked in. Wash. Highlight. Done.

That's further than I ever went to tabletop. Basecoat, done. What is this wash/highlight nonsense?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

That would be James Wappel's Shaded Base Coats class.  You wet blend several colors on the figure as your base coat where you try to block in your shadows and highlights.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Very likely a finger painting class.  If it wasn't that one... the other one from the same instructor was...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

That's further than I ever went to tabletop. Basecoat, done. What is this wash/highlight nonsense?

I believe I call them "standards" ::P:

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

So my 'tabletop' paint jobs don't count. :down: 

Now, I'm challenged to see if I can win silver by doing just Base pat, wash, highlight on a figure. :lol: 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, DixonGrfx said:

That would be James Wappel's Shaded Base Coats class.  You wet blend several colors on the figure as your base coat where you try to block in your shadows and highlights.

...maybe someday in the far future, when my life depends on our Gnomish overlords being pleased by this skill. For now, I'm happy with solid basecoats, washes, and drybrushes.

• Like 1