Jump to content

nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

Recommended Posts

The whole rigmarole of having him tell me "Paint faster! Be sloppier! No, stop cleaning off the brush! That's bad!" while I was trying it out in class was also very helpful.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 9:05 PM, LittleBluberry said:

 

Yup, too many people to meet everyone!  Probably didn't help that we showed up a little later than most people and left a little earlier.  It couldn't really be helped, but some day we'll try and do it differently.  

 

Im glad you hunted us down in the parking lot and gave us the much needed brain bleach. (My husband loves it btw.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

The whole rigmarole of having him tell me "Paint faster! Be sloppier! No, stop cleaning off the brush! That's bad!" while I was trying it out in class was also very helpful.

That would drive me insane... :blink:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 1:48 PM, Crowley said:

Hmmm... House tabletop ribbons - enter a tabletop quality mini into the painting contest? Play a game with a mini you painted at the con?

 

Whats a 'tabletop' paint job? Could a tabletop paint job win bronze, silver or even gold?

 

I do use my  painted bones in games, so I would at least qualify that way.

 

22 hours ago, MissMelons said:

:wub: Thannnnnkkkkks!!!! I'm glad the bones were useful! We werent sire if anyone would want them once we passed them out but in pleased to know they went to a good home!

 

I grabbed some vegemeeples and a couple lizard men! Thank you!

 

 

12 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

we figured it would be good to spread the wealth.....also, when we went on vacation in June, we  somehow lost most of our bones 3 stuff and when we won it in the auction it was a pretty good feeling.

 

We went with the "forum name matching what we look like" route lol. Huge tracks of land and all.

 

I hope this doesn't mean you were burglarized or had people steal your mail. It sounds Sergio regardless and I'm glad the auction could help make you whole. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

 

Whats a 'tabletop' paint job? Could a tabletop paint job win bronze, silver or even gold?

 

I do use my  painted bones in games, so I would at least qualify that way.

 

 

I grabbed some vegemeeples and a couple lizard men! Thank you!

 

 

 

I hope this doesn't mean you were burglarized or had people steal your mail. It sounds Sergio regardless and I'm glad the auction could help make you whole. 

 

Bones would be an odd thing to steal. They likely ended up high up on a bookshelf where 5'1 me cant see or in thr closet for some weird reason. We tore the house apart looking but never found them though.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

 

Bones would be an odd thing to steal. They likely ended up high up on a bookshelf where 5'1 me cant see or in thr closet for some weird reason. We tore the house apart looking but never found them though.

Liked for the dogged determination to divine the deviously hidden location; not for the loss.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MissMelons said:

 

Bones would be an odd thing to steal. They likely ended up high up on a bookshelf where 5'1 me cant see or in thr closet for some weird reason. We tore the house apart looking but never found them though.

They went into the Secret Immortality Sauce!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

 

Whats a 'tabletop' paint job? Could a tabletop paint job win bronze, silver or even gold?

 

I do use my  painted bones in games, so I would at least qualify that way.

A basic tabletop paint job, as i define it: Base colors blocked in. Wash. Highlight. Done.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

The whole rigmarole of having him tell me "Paint faster! Be sloppier! No, stop cleaning off the brush! That's bad!" while I was trying it out in class was also very helpful.

 

Wait, what? What on earth kind of class were you attending?!?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

A basic tabletop paint job, as i define it: Base colors blocked in. Wash. Highlight. Done.

That's further than I ever went to tabletop. Basecoat, done. What is this wash/highlight nonsense?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

 

Wait, what? What on earth kind of class were you attending?!?

 

 

That would be James Wappel's Shaded Base Coats class.  You wet blend several colors on the figure as your base coat where you try to block in your shadows and highlights.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

 

Wait, what? What on earth kind of class were you attending?!?

Very likely a finger painting class.  If it wasn't that one... the other one from the same instructor was...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

That's further than I ever went to tabletop. Basecoat, done. What is this wash/highlight nonsense?

I believe I call them "standards" ::P:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

A basic tabletop paint job, as i define it: Base colors blocked in. Wash. Highlight. Done.

 

So my 'tabletop' paint jobs don't count. :down: 

 

Now, I'm challenged to see if I can win silver by doing just Base pat, wash, highlight on a figure. :lol: 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DixonGrfx said:

 

 

That would be James Wappel's Shaded Base Coats class.  You wet blend several colors on the figure as your base coat where you try to block in your shadows and highlights.

 

...maybe someday in the far future, when my life depends on our Gnomish overlords being pleased by this skill. For now, I'm happy with solid basecoats, washes, and drybrushes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×