nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 hour ago, SamuraiJack said:

I have to stop playing D:OS2 and start using that 6 hours a night to paint LOL

Good idea o lord....

• Like 2

I actually started a painter's entry, but I have decided not to sweat it, if I can't complete it before RCon.

If I don't think it's up to my best work, I may just bring it along to discuss with the artists outside of the competition.

• Like 5

Only 14 more 5e pregens to go!! I will meet my goal of having them all done before October 1st!

I've only have to make 42 of these.......::P:

• Like 8

Currently putting the finishing touches on some entries, namely a squad or CAVs. Glad my order of decals arrived in time to use them. Just gotta get them on, and then try and replicate my accidental success some time back in making ice...

• Like 4

I stopped by my FLGS to get a bottle of paint. 

Instead, I picked up 3 figures and a scenic base with which to make a diorama. For ReaperCon. :mellow:

Somebody find my sanity and slap me with it. Please. :zombie:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Instead, I picked up 3 figures and a scenic base with which to make a diorama. For ReaperCon. :mellow:

Huzzah!

What?

You think you are different from the rest of us????

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

One of us, one of us!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

::P:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's funny you mention the nightmares are starting;

Actually, the con dreams never ended.  Usually they taper off after the con and start up a month or two before, but this last year they didn't.  In mine, I've arrived at the hotel and I'm wandering around with luggage trying to find my room, talking to people I know.  Around and around and I can never locate my room, for the entire con. 

• Like 5

Well, phooey. Was on the ReaperCon website double checking what I wrote for Argentee, and was procrastinating going to work by reading the painting contest rules. I've already got my Painter's entry, and realized the second figure I was doing would not qualify as an Open category. Haven't done any conversion, just was going with a fancy custom base. So, T-minus three weeks, and I've got to scrap my plans.

I've got a bunch of CAV, which I could work up for Ordinance, or work on CADing up and printing another stompy robot idea I've got that I could be in Open or Ordinance. I'm sort of leaning towards doing the custom mech first as an Open entry, as I could then bring the CAV model to paint at the con. Should be able to get into the 5pm Friday deadline with it.

• Like 4

That moment you look at the schedule and realize that out of the three painting events you figured you would help out with, there is only 1 seat left...

• Like 4

Done?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

>continues to laugh maniacally as the nice people bring him a new jacket. A nice white one, with extra long arms...<

• Like 4

Second's the great canine from the northeast.

Just rebooted last night. Got most of the cab drawn, but I always have problems with the 'hips'. But, should get more done tonight if I'm at the hangouts.

• Like 2