Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

I must admit that, as I have yet to make it to a ReaperCon, I have no idea what a "ribbon" is in this context.

I must admit that, as I have yet to make it to a ReaperCon, I have no idea what a "ribbon" is in this context.

Simple ribbon with word on it. 'Bout 3.5 inches wide with an adhesive strip. Attach 'em to convention badge and can chain them down. Or across, or whatever. My sig has my YouTube channel link, and if you watch the first 10 seconds or so of my ReaperCon 2016 review, I show the con badge and my trail of ribbons.
  • Like 4

If you look at the Con pictures thread, you'll see nearly all of us have them hanging around our necks.

• Like 2

I don't know yet if I will enter the competition next year, but I am thinking about running some scenarios and working on figures and objects for those.

Everyone should enter the competition!

• Like 13

I don't know yet if I will enter the competition next year, but I am thinking about running some scenarios and working on figures and objects for those.

Everyone should enter the competition!

This was my first year and I was terrified to enter. I finally decided that since I had just dragged them 1300 miles I may as well enter them. I got bronze in both categories I entered - shocked and happy. Now I am busy planning what to do for next year.

• Like 7

Woke up from a dream of a diorama ... spent the next ten minutes laying there trying to remember the details and then when the alarm went off realizing how big that thing would be.  I'm scared cause I don't know if it is a vision of the future or a nightmare waiting to happen.  Also... need to check maximum size in the rules and how to do vertical basing...  :blink:

Already at work, after looking through some of the options while waiting on updates (slow computers... hurry up!), I've already eliminated one large element because I'm that afraid of doing ALL of it... not to mention reducing the cost of the piece significantly.  Then thought of a way to add a possibly third large thing as a terrain element, and then realized how EXPENSIVE that piece would be just to add some extra ambiance... may need to sketch it out and put thought into balance and stability.

May do it anyway and buy what I need and NEVER look in the Bones IV thread.  I will learn a lot in many areas just working on the one piece. Then I can bounce in and out with smaller figures during the year to get multiple entries.  Soo many thoughts... soo much frogwarts and figmentium...

Can't wait to be off for a week at Thanksgiving to ... not work on any of this, but something that will help it...

How am I going to protect it from the cats?!?

• Like 5

Woke up from a dream of a diorama ... spent the next ten minutes laying there trying to remember the details and then when the alarm went off realizing how big that thing would be.  I'm scared cause I don't know if it is a vision of the future or a nightmare waiting to happen.  Also... need to check maximum size in the rules and how to do vertical basing...  :blink:

Already at work, after looking through some of the options while waiting on updates (slow computers... hurry up!), I've already eliminated one large element because I'm that afraid of doing ALL of it... not to mention reducing the cost of the piece significantly.  Then thought of a way to add a possibly third large thing as a terrain element, and then realized how EXPENSIVE that piece would be just to add some extra ambiance... may need to sketch it out and put thought into balance and stability.

May do it anyway and buy what I need and NEVER look in the Bones IV thread.  I will learn a lot in many areas just working on the one piece. Then I can bounce in and out with smaller figures during the year to get multiple entries.  Soo many thoughts... soo much frogwarts and figmentium...

Can't wait to be off for a week at Thanksgiving to ... not work on any of this, but something that will help it...

24" cubed (i,e, 24" long, 24" wide and 24" tall).

• Like 6

Soooo is it waaay too early to be working on a potential contest entry??? hmmmmmmm.

I sometimes hate my really creative ideas that randomly pop into my head.

Are you kidding? I'm still working on the idea I had at this time *last* year. ::P:

Unfortunately, I think I might have missed the contest deadline for 2016. :upside:

• Like 8

24" cubed (i,e, 24" long, 24" wide and 24" tall).

Thank you!  And so it begins...

• Like 2

Yes, yes!!!! Everyone start working on projects now!!!

Muwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

[House Procrastius]

Something came up. I'll be late with my project.

[/House Procrastius]

• Like 7