So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 hour ago, Mnemonic said:
4 hours ago, Heisler said:

It would be much to early to confirm a rumor like that. No one here is getting ready for 2018 yet, with the exception of myself and Adrienne. I expect it is just that a rumor and nothing more.

I was in his Base Camp class and heard him mention it was probably his last Reapercon. It was something about the class sizes where when he signed up when it was 6 or so. Then later it became 10 and later 12 seats. Sounded like he preferred the smaller sizes where it was easier to go into deeper levels of detail. I am absolutely hopeful he comes back next year though!

Well, I guess I can understand that, but I certainly hope it's not so. I haven't been able to get a class with him yet, and I would really like to!

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mnemonic said:

I was in his Base Camp class and heard him mention it was probably his last Reapercon. It was something about the class sizes where when he signed up when it was 6 or so. Then later it became 10 and later 12 seats. Sounded like he preferred the smaller sizes where it was easier to go into deeper levels of detail. I am absolutely hopeful he comes back next year though!

I was under the impression that teachers could limit class size as they liked.  I was present last year when one teacher asked about increasing seats for this year and was told they could have however many they felt comfortable with. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 4

Random observation

While on the tarmac at Love Field Monday,  I noticed the plane next to us was a Virgin America E175, the name on the plane was "Tubullar Belle"...

It was the aircraft I flew going to ReaperCon last year:blink:

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 9
58 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Random observation

While on the tarmac at Love Field Monday,  I noticed the plane next to us was a Virgin America E175, the name on the plane was "Tubullar Belle"...

Did you see yourself on other plane?

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Mnemonic said:

I talked to him... I think it was Sunday afternoon... about it as we were all cleaning up. He also told me about the class sizes and how he wanted his class smaller and he wasn't happy with the larger size of the classes. He told me not that he wouldn't be visiting Reapercon but that he might not be officially teaching classes next Reapercon if the class sizes don't come down some. I saw him hanging out and painting with a few folks at his desk and it sounded like that reenergized him a little bit.

Fingers crossed he makes it next year, in whatever capacity...

• Like 8
4 hours ago, knarthex said:

Random observation

3 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Did you see yourself on other plane?

24 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Somebody with black skin and white hair waved back at me....:blink:

19 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

That's not creepy... 

At least there was no little dudes on the wing....

• Like 7
5 hours ago, knarthex said:

Random observation

• Like 1