Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

:wub: It keeps the hangouts fun! 

Unrelated, we all need a relaxing fishing weekend down here! ::): 

The melt table is pretty close to a fishing activity (just dive in and fish for parts), but seeing the excited crowds that gather around it, it's not exactly a relaxed environment.

More like a shark feeding frenzy.

Yes, kind of exactly like that.:devil:

• Like 3

Yeah, we definitely don't want to wait too long! I think we'll probably get roommates from the forums, but I'm worried the hype won't infect our friends 'til a couple months before and it will be too late for them ::P: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

The melt table is pretty close to a fishing activity (just dive in and fish for parts), but seeing the excited crowds that gather around it, it's not exactly a relaxed environment.

More like a shark feeding frenzy.

Melt table!!!!

Love the table. I'm definitely bringing Gardner gloves instead of latex gloves this time. 

• Like 3

I think it might be time for to get on the ball and at least pick a couple of projects to do for Reapercon, seeing as how I woke up from a dream this morning that consisted of me standing at the 'con with a bunch of empty bases in my hands and people asking me what my entries were.....:wacko:

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think it might be time for to get on the ball and at least pick a couple of projects to do for Reapercon, seeing as how I woke up from a dream this morning that consisted of me standing at the 'con with a bunch of empty bases in my hands and people asking me what my entries were.....:wacko:

Unseen Servant and Invisible Stalker.  Boom.  Done.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Suddenly, those who pledged for the invisible adventurers during Bones 3 will have the possibility of something interesting with that idea. Especially if they also have the clear Kyphrixis.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

18 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

^  This!

And yeah... Really need to figure out what I'm gonna paint and enter this year. I have plans for my ordnance entry and my diorama, but beyond that?

• Like 4

I'm going to be doing really well if I have one entry ready for Open and Painters. Diorama and Ordinance a bit of a long shot for me at this point.

• Like 4

Here's hoping I have done my final show (theatre) between now and ReaperCon.  I have had so little time for anything but work and that for months on end.  But we do a final encore performance tomorrow night, then I can cut this mullet off, clear the polish off my toes and get my wet palette back in operation.  Ooohh... maybe that's what I need to get Liz to help me with.  Planning and executing a ReaperCon entry!  

Huzzah!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

^  This!

And yeah... Really need to figure out what I'm gonna paint and enter this year. I have plans for my ordnance entry and my diorama, but beyond that?

My opinion is to finish what you already have planned to the best of your ability and then see how much time you have left before starting something else for the competition. The competition is certainly more about showing us your very best work, even if its only 1 entry, than loading up the tables with poorer quality entries. Concentrating on just one entry could get you over the hump from bronze to silver or silver to gold.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Heisler said:

My opinion is to finish what you already have planned to the best of your ability and then see how much time you have left before starting something else for the competition. The competition is certainly more about showing us your very best work, even if its only 1 entry, than loading up the tables with poorer quality entries. Concentrating on just one entry could get you over the hump from bronze to silver or silver to gold.

Good point...

• Like 5

So it looks like I may finally be able to attend ReaperCon. I was going to last year, then we were building a house and the timing would have been difficult at best, so I didn't make it. We didn't end up building our house last year, because Life. Now, barring more Life, we will be building this year instead, but I should still be able to go....! Now to figure out my entries...

• Like 5

Anybody interested in running a Speed Paint, including but not limited to Sophie Says, or other variations of "sit at this table for 45 minutes and paint a mini, oh and these are the 'rules'" where Reaper provides the models and paint, please send me a PM. I want to get started adding those kinds of things to the games schedule.

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

Anybody interested in running a Speed Paint, including but not limited to Sophie Says, or other variations of "sit at this table for 45 minutes and paint a mini, oh and these are the 'rules'" where Reaper provides the models and paint, please send me a PM. I want to get started adding those kinds of things to the games schedule.

You must be bored to be posting that on a Sunday afternoon at 3 pm.  Not having seen one of these previously, I'm going to abstain for this year.  It sounds intriguing, but I'm sure there are going to be some properly "qualified"* people to run a few of these.  

*crazy

• Like 3