Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1 minute ago, Bathory said:

Haha! When I initially told him I was all "I have two of everything" and he was like woah wait... it's MY swag bag. I really hope he doesn't want anything in it lol!!!

He'll be sweet and let you have everything I'm sure. He doesn't really paint anything does he?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, knarthex said:

Maybe a picture a day?

After / before dinner?

This makes sense.  A daily forum picture.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

He'll be sweet and let you have everything I'm sure. He doesn't really paint anything does he?

He doesn't paint all all :) so it's all going to be mine!!!

• Like 5

Just now, Bathory said:

He doesn't paint all all :) so it's all going to be mine!!!

Winner winner, bacon dinner!

• Like 5

See. This works great while your husband doesnt paint. Swag rained from the sky it seemed when it came to paints and models in swag bags. Two of everything. 

@[email protected] he paints now, and is pretty dang awesome too so his swag is his swag now. :( 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

See. This works great while your husband doesnt paint. Swag rained from the sky it seemed when it came to paints and models in swag bags. Two of everything. 

@[email protected] he paints now, and is pretty dang awesome too so his swag is his swag now. :( 

YOU were the one who convinced him to paint! You don't get to do sad faces because now you have a cool fun painting buddy who loves the same hobby!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

YOU were the one who convinced him to paint! You don't get to do sad faces because now you have a cool fun painting buddy who loves the same hobby!

LOL!! I did!!!!! I created a painting monster. He wanfs to pick up airbrushing too! Once I get it back up and running, Mr.M will be unstoppable! 

• Like 7

I would totally trade a swag back for a built-in painting buddy... I tried... but never took off... and is now a distant memory.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

Sometimes I wish my wife painted, sometimes I don't.  ::P:

The reality is that I wish she did 99.99% of the time.  Happy to get 2 of something we would both want to paint any day.

• Like 8

Hubs is a gamer and a DM so he is geeky enough to like the stuff I paint and go to ReaperCon and want to have a dragon bust :) but there is no way anyone is touching my hoard of minis and paint *preciousssss*

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Bathory said:

Hubs is a gamer and a DM so he is geeky enough to like the stuff I paint and go to ReaperCon and want to have a dragon bust :) but there is no way anyone is touching my hoard of minis and paint *preciousssss*

Does he use a lot of your stuff you paint at the gaming table, or request certain things be painted up for his table?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bathory said:

My wife isn't even a gamer at all.  She thinks we are all silly!  :lol:

But she understands it is my hobby and supports it of course.  Much in the way I do hers.  It all works out.  But would be nice if she was interested in the ReaperCon trip.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Bathory said:

That's how it starts. First year he played a few games, assisted me while I was out or in painting classes and talking to forumite.

Next year, he founded the husbands table, joined the forums and started dnd games for reaper con. 

Third year, he took a couple classes, didnt play any games and entered a few models into the contest. Let me drop half a grand on models and paint at reaper con with a few models tossed in there for him too and brand new davinci brushes.

This year, he has 5 classes, several models to enter and has adventured far and quickly into painting. 

O_O 

Needless to say, I didnt bother to ask if I could ha e his dragon.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

That's how it starts. First year he played a few games, assisted me while I was out or in painting classes and talking to forumite.

Next year, he founded the husbands table, joined the forums and started dnd games for reaper con. 

Third year, he took a couple classes, didnt play any games and entered a few models into the contest. Let me drop half a grand on models and paint at reaper con with a few models tossed in there for him too and brand new davinci brushes.

This year, he has 5 classes, several models to enter and has adventured far and quickly into painting. 

O_O 

Needless to say, I didnt bother to ask if I could ha e his dragon.

Factual.

I had to step down as President of the "Husband's who have wives that paint" club (our motto is 'our wives paint em and we play with em') because I became a painter.  So, cherish the moments you get to keep the SWAG....

• Like 9

All our DnD group had kids or moved out of state so I no longer paint for the game table @ub3r_n3rd

He used to paint figures for DnD when he was a teenager and he hated it lol. He's got enough to do playing his guitar and buying stuff for that hahaha!

• Like 6