Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

I'm excited for you guys. I can't wait to see all the pictures. I really really really wish I could be there. 

I had it all lined up then I had to put a roof on my house. ::(:

• Like 1

I was great....until someone said 12 weeks. That's barely 12 weekends to finish a dragon, diorama and three other things. Mousling isnt going to happen (as usual) nor a bombshells entry (again). @[email protected] 

Someone should teach a painting time management class at Reaper Con.

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, MissMelons said:

Maybe... but would this make it into our frenzied rush of ticket buying?  Who would have to teach it that we would go... BAM! THERE!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Maybe... but would this make it into our frenzied rush of ticket buying?  Who would have to teach it that we would go... BAM! THERE!

I mean, I'd teach it. But I would never get around to it.

House Procrastius and all.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MissMelons said:

Isn't that what speed painting is all about?

Just don't have DKS teach that class.....

The students would all drop dead of envy....

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Isn't that what speed painting is all about?

Just don't have DKS teach that class.....

The students would all drop dead of envy....

Um, I think I'm taking DKS' "Good, fast painting" class...  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Oh, heck no. ::D: (And your answer covered the issue fairly comprehensively.)

While shirts do cause problems, with care the gray can still be easier to use than many other backgrounds. But if you have access to a smooth gray paper, cardstock, vinyl, or the like, it will probably work better than cloth.

I like using a fun foam background. It's very matte and has no texture. You can get sheets in the craft store. (This is the same stuff you can buy cut-outs of animals and stuff, then kids use the flat sheets as a background to make little scenes. I think, I don't have kids.) Grey is harder to find, I've only gotten it from Hobby Lobby. I also have black. Any pic on a grey or black background that you've seen from me has been a fun foam sheet.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Wren said:

I like using a fun foam background. It's very matte and has no texture. You can get sheets in the craft store. (This is the same stuff you can buy cut-outs of animals and stuff, then kids use the flat sheets as a background to make little scenes. I think, I don't have kids.) Grey is harder to find, I've only gotten it from Hobby Lobby. I also have black. Any pic on a grey or black background that you've seen from me has been a fun foam sheet.

I have used the fun foam. Wish it was available in a sheet size one larger than 11x17 (or maybe it is 12x18 ?). I wish 15x20 was a thing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Wait, 12 weeks?! Panic levels approaching "ludicrous".

Must paint faster. 

Must start painting...

• Like 5

18 hours ago, MissMelons said:

I was great....until someone said 12 weeks. That's barely 12 weekends to finish a dragon, diorama and three other things. Mousling isnt going to happen (as usual) nor a bombshells entry (again). @[email protected] 

You got this MissMelons! One step at time you'll get it done. ::):

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Must start painting...

I had grand plans to make a little diorama with one of the Dark Sword muses.  Reality set in and now I have grand plans to finish the mounted paladin conversion I was working on, because it's half done.  We'll see how much painting I get done between now and the con...

• Like 7

That's what I like about the Hangout.  I have to be intending to paint to get on there, and then if I say I will be there I'm much more likely to show up and when I'm there I end up painting for a couple of hours... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

That's what I like about the Hangout.  I have to be intending to paint to get on there, and then if I say I will be there I'm much more likely to show up and when I'm there I end up painting for a couple of hours... 

On a similar note: When I have to finish a commission piece it gets me at my desk painting regularly. Worth it though. ::): 

• Like 3