Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

I actually get less painting done on a hangout. I talk too much.... plus I don't have my optovisor on so I have limited stuff I can do. 

I have too many things to paint and not enough time!

• Like 3

My desk is too messy for hangouts. Plus Khan is a drama queen. When the attention isnt on him, he finds a way. Typically that's finding something and destroying it. 

Not sure how entertaining it would be to watch and talk to me while painting as I chase a dog around and not get any actual painting done. 

I mean the entertainment is there I guess. 

I'm also typically asleep during these hangouts. :'(

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bathory said:

I actually get less painting done on a hangout. I talk too much.... plus I don't have my optovisor on so I have limited stuff I can do. 

I have too many things to paint and not enough time!

I can't see the screen most of the time.  I have my glasses off and my "cheaters" on (as Knarthex likes to call them).  But I switch when I have to look through my paint or do anything aside from real close anyway... so... 

30 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

My desk is too messy for hangouts. Plus Khan is a drama queen. When the attention isnt on him, he finds a way. Typically that's finding something and destroying it. 

Not sure how entertaining it would be to watch and talk to me while painting as I chase a dog around and not get any actual painting done. 

There's no such thing as "too messy for hangouts".  Besides, you don't have to show video.  And mostly I'm listening and talking to people... not watching them.

• Like 5

I typically don't have video, because then I get self-conscious and distracted by worrying whether the mini's in the shot, whether I'm leaning too far forward so now the camera's pointed at the side of my head, etc. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I typically don't have video, because then I get self-conscious and distracted by worrying whether the mini's in the shot, whether I'm leaning too far forward so now the camera's pointed at the side of my head, etc. 

Huzzah!

I fall into this mindset the few times I've been on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, David Brawley said:

On 7/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, Pegazus said:

Wait, 12 weeks?! Panic levels approaching "ludicrous".

Must paint faster. 

Must start painting...

I probably should too...

55 minutes ago, Grayfax said:
1 hour ago, MissMelons said:

There's no such thing as "too messy for hangouts".  Besides, you don't have to show video.  And mostly I'm listening and talking to people... not watching them.

Exactly what he said there. My desk is a disaster area (again), but I don't let it stop me.

• Like 4

On 7/25/2017 at 7:18 PM, MissMelons said:

I was great....until someone said 12 weeks. That's barely 12 weekends to finish a dragon, diorama and three other things. Mousling isnt going to happen (as usual) nor a bombshells entry (again). @[email protected] 

Someone should teach a painting time management class at Reaper Con.

I'm sorry. :down: 

In my defense, I was too panicked to carefully consider my post.

• Like 3

So......car rental paid for, airfare paid for, classes and tickets paid for. All that's left is the hotel fee. Got one entry done, just need a few more and I'm set.

Is it October yet?!!!!!!

• Like 5

While I'd like for October to be here, I'm so behind in painting minis for my games. I'm pretty sure I'll have the primered "insert critter name here" attacks the primered "insert class name here" encounter sometime during the weekend. Oh well, it's fun just painting again.

• Like 4

Oh my gosh! You guys! I'm going to be teaching a class at Reapercon, it just got approved!!! :bday::zombie::bday::lol:

*laughs hysterically and then buries her head under a pillow*

It's an introduction to metallic paints class, so I don't know that experienced painters will get much out of it. It's intended for beginner painters who may not have considered that there's so much that metallic paint can do beyond just swords and plate armor. I'll be covering drybrushing and how to thin metallic paints, for example. ^_^

Ack! I have so much to prepare!!!

Huzzah!

• Like 18

That's awesome, OneBoot!!

4 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

So......car rental paid for, airfare paid for, classes and tickets paid for. All that's left is the hotel fee. Got one entry done, just need a few more and I'm set.

Is it October yet?!!!!!!

No, please no! I'm nowhere near ready yet...

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Agreed on both accounts here.  I'm on vacation till next thurs and hoping to get a lot of progress done on some entries.   Maybe even finish one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

this....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Oh my gosh! You guys! I'm going to be teaching a class at Reapercon, it just got approved!!! :bday::zombie::bday::lol:

*laughs hysterically and then buries her head under a pillow*

It's an introduction to metallic paints class, so I don't know that experienced painters will get much out of it. It's intended for beginner painters who may not have considered that there's so much that metallic paint can do beyond just swords and plate armor. I'll be covering drybrushing and how to thin metallic paints, for example. ^_^

Ack! I have so much to prepare!!!

Huzzah!

Very cool!   *** typedy typey typedy type type type ***

*** scroll scroll scroll ***

8 pm...

EIGHT PM!?!?

Oh... wait... that's only 6 pm your time... perfectly normal...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grayfax said:

EIGHT PM!?!?

Oh... wait... that's only 6 pm your time... perfectly normal...

Well, except I'll be in Texas, so it really will be 8-10pm on Thursday lol. By the time MrBoot talked me into submitting an application (after he discovered I'd talked myself out of it) there weren't many time slots left. This works perfectly with the schedule I already had, plus I'm more of a night person anyways. ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 5