Jump to content

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

This is why I love my Nexus card.  All the background check stuff means we can take the short line through security.

 

EDIT: And the page break makes this confusing.  Was in response to Knarthex's airport security comment.

And when I first read that, I was like... there was a Card in Nexus?  What planes did it unlock?!?

And then I was like... oooooh.... not Everquest... 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tarsemina said:

2 months is enough time to finish all my pieces, buy tickets for my friends, and still get sleep... Right?

Sleep?!? There is no sleep!

Cat napping, though... that is acceptable...

*** yawn ***

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2017 at 9:54 PM, LittleBluberry said:

This is why I love my Nexus card.  All the background check stuff means we can take the short line through security.

 

EDIT: And the page break makes this confusing.  Was in response to Knarthex's airport security comment.

What is a nexus card???

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a trusted traveler program.  It takes some effort to sign up, but you get to go through an expedited lane when driving between Canada and the US.  This saves us a lot of hassle when visiting family across the border.  It also lets you get TSA Pre-Check status on your boarding pass when flying in the US. 

 

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, my wife and I both have global entry. I think it's $100 each for 5 years. Requires a full background check, but you get TSA precheck and fast clearance through US Customs. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely, you have to travel fairly often for it to be worthwhile.  Like I said, we often save several hours each time we visit my parents.  We visit at least a few times each year.  The difference between a 2.5 hour drive and a 5 hour drive (where 2+ hours are in a line at the border) can be a deal breaker for a weekend trip. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

I'm trying to be excited, but it's not going well.

 

I am looking forward to getting to hang out with those of you I know, and meet those of you who I don't, but none of my painting projects are working out the way I'd like. I have really cool ideas in my head, but getting them to take physical form is kicking my butt. The more that happens, the less I want to paint/hobby. I've already halfway decided that one of my bigger projects may get sidelined for a bit. I had an idea at work yesterday for a figure conversion; I got home actually eager to start working on it and spent 2 hours looking for the parts (I KNOW I have 'em. Somewhere) before giving up.

 

Why is nothing working the way i want it to?!!??

AAARRGGHHHHH!

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm trying to be excited, but it's not going well.

 

I am looking forward to getting to hang out with those of you I know, and meet those of you who I don't, but none of my painting projects are working out the way I'd like. I have really cool ideas in my head, but getting them to take physical form is kicking my butt. The more that happens, the less I want to paint/hobby. I've already halfway decided that one of my bigger projects may get sidelined for a bit. I had an idea at work yesterday for a figure conversion; I got home actually eager to start working on it and spent 2 hours looking for the parts (I KNOW I have 'em. Somewhere) before giving up.

 

Why is nothing working the way i want it to?!!??

AAARRGGHHHHH!

 

This happens to all of us. We have a number of projects that we want to enter and as time gets closer you often have to make decisions on what to continue with. Its hard but it happens just continue on with the projects you feel you have the best chance to be completed or concentrate on the one you are truly excited about.

 

The end goal is to get something into the competition. If you planned on 4 and end up with just 1 there is nothing wrong with that. Just put your best effort into what ever you decide to bring.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm trying to be excited, but it's not going well.

 

I am looking forward to getting to hang out with those of you I know, and meet those of you who I don't, but none of my painting projects are working out the way I'd like. I have really cool ideas in my head, but getting them to take physical form is kicking my butt. The more that happens, the less I want to paint/hobby. I've already halfway decided that one of my bigger projects may get sidelined for a bit. I had an idea at work yesterday for a figure conversion; I got home actually eager to start working on it and spent 2 hours looking for the parts (I KNOW I have 'em. Somewhere) before giving up.

 

Why is nothing working the way i want it to?!!??

AAARRGGHHHHH!

 

At this point, I'm probably going to enter a spray-painted green 2x4 block of wood with a poorly freehanded smiley face as a 'mutant' gelatinous cube.

 

If I find the time.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

 

At this point, I'm probably going to enter a spray-painted green 2x4 block of wood with a poorly freehanded smiley face as a 'mutant' gelatinous cube.

 

If I find the time.

 

Sounds like an Open division entry. Though if you put wheels on it, you could enter it into Ordnance.

 

Remember: higher highlights, deeper shadows. And make sure the base isn't too large.

 

::P:

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...