Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm trying to be excited, but it's not going well.

I am looking forward to getting to hang out with those of you I know, and meet those of you who I don't, but none of my painting projects are working out the way I'd like. I have really cool ideas in my head, but getting them to take physical form is kicking my butt. The more that happens, the less I want to paint/hobby. I've already halfway decided that one of my bigger projects may get sidelined for a bit. I had an idea at work yesterday for a figure conversion; I got home actually eager to start working on it and spent 2 hours looking for the parts (I KNOW I have 'em. Somewhere) before giving up.

Why is nothing working the way i want it to?!!??

AAARRGGHHHHH!

This has been my week as well... hoping for a better weekend.  

Of course, work being crazy as we ramp up for the last chance at things before the semester starts hasn't helped.

Neither has our oldest dog that is intermittently having seizures and/or having bladder control problems.  Which wouldn't be so bad if my wife could allow me and the dog to go to bed in another room.  She feels guilty so everything has to be more difficult.  I understand and I'm not blaming her, but it has been more difficult.  So... sleep or lack thereof has not increased my motivation.

This too shall pass...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm trying to be excited, but it's not going well.

I am looking forward to getting to hang out with those of you I know, and meet those of you who I don't, but none of my painting projects are working out the way I'd like. I have really cool ideas in my head, but getting them to take physical form is kicking my butt. The more that happens, the less I want to paint/hobby. I've already halfway decided that one of my bigger projects may get sidelined for a bit. I had an idea at work yesterday for a figure conversion; I got home actually eager to start working on it and spent 2 hours looking for the parts (I KNOW I have 'em. Somewhere) before giving up.

Why is nothing working the way i want it to?!!??

AAARRGGHHHHH!

So much this...

• Like 1

I just booked my flight. $180 round trip after fees. Not too bad I suppose. Now, I need to start panicking about my entry. I have zero.

• Like 11

I'm thinking really hard about my entry while painting some CAV for my husband to use in the CAV games. I had so many ideas and good intentions last fall after ReaperCon, but lost all motivation for about 4 months after losing my dog. Then I had family visiting for a month. I will get something finished but not all I had planned.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I just booked my flight. $180 round trip after fees. Not too bad I suppose. Now, I need to start panicking about my entry. I have zero.

Yay! I'm at 80% of one. If I don't mess up.

• Like 4

I talked to a painting friend and I think I should be able to push myself through my painting slump.

I decided to only focus on two items and really try to push myself with them and try some new techniques. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries in person!

• Like 7

Sooooooo ive injured my right arm. It seems just massively bruised but I wont be painting anything for the next week. No lifting, no painting and i hope I can sleep well on it tonight.

Fortunately all of my tiny painting is done so i should be able to finish the dragon left handed or holding the brush in a different way. 

@[email protected] thats what i get for procrastinating.

• Like 4

Oh, ow!

Sorry to hear it, MM. I hope it heals quickly.

Contest entries?

Yeah, about that.....:unsure:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

I'll be trying to make my first Reapercon this year, probably just on Friday.

Quick question: Da 'eck is a Reaperbucks?

Just something you can acquire during Reapercon to use on Sunday at the auction.  No money transaction for bids won...just Reaperbucks.  If only there one day you can always hand them off to a friendly person.

That answers that question, thanks!

The more stuff I learn, the more it seems like I really need to come back on Sunday. Real shame that Saturday is my definite no-go day, due to a niece's birthday.

3 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

That answers that question, thanks!

The more stuff I learn, the more it seems like I really need to come back on Sunday. Real shame that Saturday is my definite no-go day, due to a niece's birthday.

The longer you can attend, the more awesome it is. If you have other obligations, by all means--make sure you take care of them! But the whole thing is pretty great. Sunday's a little bit of a madhouse.

• Like 1

Hmm...bring the niece...and her sister...and the parents...and the grandparents...and all the myriad of cousins...and any of her schoolfriends...all so I can spend the weekend at a con.

I like the way you think!

• Like 7

Bringing my 7 year old daughter for a class at 10AM that day.  Last year I took her back home and then had my wife bring her out for the awards that night.  This time I am going to brave keeping her with me for the rest of the day.  We can always run off to the mall for a bit if she gets bored.

• Like 2