Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

Heh, got a email from Hotwire last night (% off certain hotels, etc etc), so I went looking for my overnight in Boise on the 17th next month. While I have a hotel all set to go, I ended up going to Expedia via Trivago a much nicer hotel then my current one for about 1 to 2 bucks more + hell free wifi. What hotel doesn't give you free wifi anymore?? So overall it'll be cheaper in the end.

Gonna be weird taking anther 7+ days off in about a month but eh oh well!!

• Like 4

Bummer!

Any chance of just begging off 'cause you'll be on vacation?

They don't necessarily need to know the vacation is local....

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Guess who got a jury summons notice for Monday of Reapercon week? 

Need to see what kind of options I have. 

That stinks! Hope you can still make it....

I just found out I have the opposite problem--too much availability. I'm getting laid off at work, my last day is the week before the con. Maybe I'll actually be able to paint a little bit in the week leading up to Reapercon!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Yeah... rescheduled for two weeks later.  All online for questionnaire.  Once done I could ask for a new date.

Yay!!!!

• Like 2

On 9/15/2017 at 8:43 AM, Keianna said:

*Sigh* I hate being a responsible adult sometimes. There are 2 dates for a training session that work will pay for. The Thursday of ReaperCon and December. I was going to go in December, but now my boss is leaving and I really do not like one of the candidates for his replacement. So I have decided to do the professionally responsible thing and go in October. The original plan was to head up on Wednesday and enjoy the entire Convention and it just keeps getting pushed back. Now I just have to decide how I want to get there. 

Yeah, this happened to us.  DH got told two weeks before Reapercon that he was to take training in North Carolina the same week as the con.  I drove down alone on Wed, he ended up flying into Dallas late Thursday.  Fortunately he hadn't scheduled any classes on Thurs so he didn't miss much. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Yeah... rescheduled for two weeks later.  All online for questionnaire.  Once done I could ask for a new date.

I did that last year, got one the month of August & of course with my gall bladder deciding it really wanted some attention that month I choose to schedule it at a different month. While I rescheduled it for April this year I've yet to hear back from them.

I don't mind really. I wouldn't make a good juror......

• Like 3

Also on a good note.  I have a ma'al that was delivered for me to hand off at the con. Had my entire family stunned as I opened it to make sure that it shipped ok. We just finished family painting and glad we did that before seeing this beauty.  :)

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Also on a good note.  I have a ma'al that was delivered for me to hand off at the con. Had my entire family stunned as I opened it to make sure that it shipped ok. We just finished family painting and glad we did that before seeing this beauty.  :)

glad he got there safely =P

• Like 5

6 hours ago, hungerfan said:

You family painted it?!?!??  ::P:

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, haldir said:

What hotel doesn't give you free wifi anymore??

I was surprised the high end and expensive hotel my grandmother took us to in DC didn't. They wanted $20 a day for something Motel 6 provides for free.

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I was surprised the high end and expensive hotel my grandmother took us to in DC didn't. They wanted $20 a day for something Motel 6 provides for free.

Hotels catering to business travelers assume that most of their guests will be on expense accounts. And that they will not care about adding internet charges. Hotels catering to private travelers realize that "free" internet is a consideration in where they will stay, so it gets rolled into the price.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Harrek said:

You family painted it?!?!??  ::P:

No way we could make something as awesome as Siri's Ma'al even if we combined as a family.

After we got it all unwrapped (SO MUCH BUBBLE WRAP AND TAPE) my wife was looking it over and just shaking her head.  She said there was no way she had the patience for doing such a large piece.  She is already getting bored with her Marthrangul that she chose for the Random Color Dragon Challenge.  It is the better of the three and she is closer to being finished than I am or our daughter who picked the biggest dragon to paint.

• Like 4