Sign in to follow this  
Kuro Cleanbrush

Lord of the Lake Below (ReaperCon 2016 Painters Gold Sophie Winner)

It is a BEAUTIFULLY  painted vignette done in a GORGEOUS array of colors AND gracing a FANTASTIC base. You could have won the award for the shield alone. FANTASTICALLY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

I spent, no lie, like 5 minutes just staring at this mini and taking pictures from every angle when I was at the Con.  Then i ran over just to find Ian and ask if he could talk with me about the painting technique.  He ended up teaching an impromptu mini-class for a few of us during his spare moments in between teaching other classes.  Not only a wonderful mini, but a great teacher, as well.  I'm a fan now.  

I'm definitely going to have to attempt something like this in the near future, the style is definitely something I want to try and emulate.  

• Like 7

Super job, and congratulations!

If you had not told me, I would have assumed this was a GW mini! Definitely some great ideas there for future copying, er, I mean inspiration.

• Like 3

A well deserved Gold!

**** Mr. Kuro? This is the Paint Police***

*** Yeaaahhh we have to talk...this is WAY to good, we can't have that now can we?***

*** Step into the car please, mind the head..***

• Like 2

Congrats on the win!    The concept and execution are perfect and I can only stare and dream about achieving this quality of painting.

• Like 1