Sign in to follow this  
Kuro Cleanbrush

Lord of the Lake Below (ReaperCon 2016 Painters Gold Sophie Winner)

This is amazing!! I love all the tiny little details!

I spent, no lie, like 5 minutes just staring at this mini and taking pictures from every angle when I was at the Con.  Then i ran over just to find Ian and ask if he could talk with me about the painting technique.  He ended up teaching an impromptu mini-class for a few of us during his spare moments in between teaching other classes.  Not only a wonderful mini, but a great teacher, as well.  I'm a fan now.  

I'm definitely going to have to attempt something like this in the near future, the style is definitely something I want to try and emulate.  

What! Kuro is Ian! I was looking for you and the Mrs to say hi! There are so many people that I said hi to and then never realized who they were on the forums.... :lol:

• Like 3

Congratulations, Kuro. You've definitely developed a style of your own, and this piece is beautiful.

• Like 1

Congrats Kuro !!  Well Deserved, and well earned.

That Miniature has "Kuro painted this" written in EVERY BRUSH STROKE !

Just breath taking work !!!!

• Like 1

Congrats on a well earned win. There is so much to like: excellent nmm execution, cool freehand, and super cool modifications. Cooool! ::):

• Like 1

I am trying sooooo hard to get my blending this smooth. I know how I think but need more practice.

Truly a stellar and inspiring piece.

I also like the colors you chose. Good contrast and the purple just pops out at you.

• Like 1

Thank you all so incredibly much for all of your kind words!!!  I had such a blast hanging out with so many of you in person at the Con, and I always love hanging out long-distance with everyone on the forums!  I owe a lot to getting to watch all of you work on your own minis, and you guys and gals always keep pushing me to keep improving and, most of all, to have fun!!!

Are those suction cups left on the cloak? After taking your NMM class, I can see the metallic technique!

To my understanding, those are actually just medallions of some kind on his cloak.  I enjoyed having you in my class, and I can't wait to see you practicing the techniques!  ::):

I spent, no lie, like 5 minutes just staring at this mini and taking pictures from every angle when I was at the Con.  Then i ran over just to find Ian and ask if he could talk with me about the painting technique.  He ended up teaching an impromptu mini-class for a few of us during his spare moments in between teaching other classes.  Not only a wonderful mini, but a great teacher, as well.  I'm a fan now.  

I'm definitely going to have to attempt something like this in the near future, the style is definitely something I want to try and emulate.  

Thanks a bunch!  I really enjoyed doing that little impromptu class with you and the others, and I can't wait to see your entries next year!  ::):

A well deserved Gold!

**** Mr. Kuro? This is the Paint Police***

*** Yeaaahhh we have to talk...this is WAY to good, we can't have that now can we?***

*** Step into the car please, mind the head..***

Maybe I can cut a deal with the Paint Police if I sell out some of the even better painters like Corporea, Mocha, and Rex!  :;):

• Like 3

A well deserved Gold!

**** Mr. Kuro? This is the Paint Police***

*** Yeaaahhh we have to talk...this is WAY to good, we can't have that now can we?***

*** Step into the car please, mind the head..***

Maybe I can cut a deal with the Paint Police if I sell out some of the even better painters like Corporea, Mocha, and Rex!   :;):

haha, I've done my time– who do you think tipped them off to you in the first place?  :blues: On a serious note, you are a fantastic painter and I now get to look forward to your work AND Lady Cleanbrush :) It was so great to meet her at the con!!

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 3