Where are the cavalry ?

I keep thinking about giving Warlord a try, however whenever I do this nagging feeling off "there's something missing" comes to my head. When are Reaper going to release any Warlord cavalry, this is to me the most important element of the game as I really like the look of cavalry figures.

Currently I am thinking of using Warlord rules with GW's LotR figures because at least they have guys (and girls) on horses.

Stuart

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VIVA le Cavalry!

I too am a fan of the mounted miniatures, and I love the Rohan and Gondor cavalry. Very sweet. Too bad they are so small though. GRRR!

It has been mentioned in the past that mounted figures do not sell as well, so they're not a "priority" so to speak. If you follow the method of GW though, and sculpt only a few different horse figs, then sculpt individual riders, it should be considerably cheaper to produce cavalry units I would think. (As oppossed to having sculpters do a horse and rider each time.)

Hope to also see some nifty war machines as time goes by too.

For my Reptus army in progress I'm using the hunting lizards from This Package. I've got four of them so far, and I'm treating their captain as being on foot and have them be his troops. Give The Captain magic boots and they stay with his command radius for at least three turns before they have to regroup.

The lance special ability even works with the models because it really just represents an ultra-quick strike that eliminates defensive attacks.

I realize that's only one solution right now, but it's the one that works for me. ::D:

My Highland Free Company has a nice cavalry contingent, and the Anhurian cavalry, and dreyfuss, the mounted lancer can be used for any human companies. Skeleton cavalry is also available. For the Horde, I've been using the crypt bats as cavalry, with the logic that they "crow hop" rather than truly fly...this is only a short term expendient.

With sevral very nice wolves, boars, and other ridable beasties in the DHL line, some packages of riders, without mounts, would be a real plus.....

I'm using Dwarven Bear Cav, myself. #2385 as the leader fig, and 2294 as the basic troop. I modified the weapons so they're each armed differently. And I'll be painting them up as different types of bears, as well. The "War Panda" should strike terror into the hearts of my enemies, don't you think? LOL

For my Reptus army in progress I'm using the hunting lizards from This Package. 

Thanks for posting this link - I'd never seen these minis before. I really like the "lizard hounds" - all sorts of possibilities here. ::D:

Regards,

AJC

Not a problem. I've always thought that Reapers lizardmen were the best ones out there, even before we started seeing greens for the reptus.

If you need more hunting lizards, they're also available in the boneyard separate from the handler.

What I await is in essence the Reaper version of GWs brettonian Knights.

Stuart

:::Morg's ears perk up:::

BA-GAH???!!

What is this you say? No no no... say it is not true! Reaper is making a french knight??

You're not just tryingto invoke anarchy are you? I'm starting to get up...