Sign in to follow this  
Xumenicus

Pathfinder Seoni Bust (ReaperCon 2016)

you have no idea how disappointed I am that there is not going to be a line of Pathfinder busts now....

Lovely work however, I can't give this nearly enough likes for what it deserves.

• Like 3

She was stunning! Congrats on the well deserved gold. I remember when you handed her to me to take a photo I had to ask if you sculpted her as I thought perhaps I somehow missed her release. Thanks for posting some of the process it is an interesting read, and of course bringing her to the show for us all the marvel at. Just lovely.

• Like 3

you have no idea how disappointed I am that there is not going to be a line of Pathfinder busts now....

Lovely work however, I can't give this nearly enough likes for what it deserves.

Thanks!

Maybe after I resculpt her, and fix all the mistakes that I know I made with her, I could try twisting somebody's arm at Paizo (not likely).

• Like 1

Great work, again!

Glad we had a chance to talk about it in more detail after you won your gold medal.

(And you're inspiring me to sculpt a bust of my own.)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next, whether at this large scale or something smaller.

Derek

• Like 4

Guest Lumi

This was great (especially for a first attempt). I am excited to see what you do with the lessons you learned and improvements you want to make. Aside from the self critique you already mentioned I would add to watch for the lower eyelids. If they are too pronounced on female characters it tends to make them look old or unfeminine. Thanks for sharing your processes!

Yup. Thinner eyelids are definitely on the plan for v2. Everything seemed fine until I got paint on her, and that's when her eyelids really popped.

• Like 1

Also, this wasn't a first attempt. I don't want to give anybody some unrealistic expectations of me. ;)

There were 2 other head/torso sculpts that I almost finished before realizing how horribly off-course I had gone. There were also probably at least 7 decent revisions, too -- things where I'd wake up the next morning, and cut off her nose, so I'd have no choice but to redo it after I got home from work.

That was probably the biggest thing I learned on this project -- not just being even more critical of myself, but being able to readily accept that last night was just a learning experience, and that tonight might be a learning experience, too. And maybe tomorrow night will also be a learning experience. And the night after, and the night after...

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      My 5 1/2 yo son is super into Batman.  I had set up a Pathfinder game for the grownups, but only filled 2/4 seats.  My son has shown a little and growing interest in tabletop gaming.  So I made some stats for Batman as a Pathfinder character and used his LEGO Batman on the battle grid.

Here are how it came out: attributes were rolled.
      Race Human
      Class Ranger (Urban) lvl 1
      Str 16
      Dex 19 (+2 human)
      Con 14 
      Int 13
      Wis 14
      Cha 8

Favored Class Ranger +1 HP
      Trait: Rich Parents
      Trait: Deft Dodger (+1 Reflex)
      Favored Enemy Humanoid (human)
      Feat - Improved Unarmed Strike
      Feat Human - Exotic Weapon Prof - Shuriken

Skills - don’t remember exactly, sheet isn’t in front of me:
      Acrobatics, Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, knowledge (local), perception, Survival, Stealth

Gear- I took some liberties here for flavor:
      Mwk Studded Leather, Batarangs(shuriken shaped like a bat available in a lethal or non lethal variety), smoke bombs (combine thunderstone and smoke stick in one thrown item same price as both combined), Mwk thieves tools, sap, spiked gauntlets x 2 (his sharp things sticking out of his arms), Grapnel: (Light Crossbow + 50ft silk rope + Mwk grappling hook + 100gp to account for the “gnomish winch”) I would have loved to make it a hand crossbow, but didn’t want to waste two feats on exotics.  I just tacked on cost to the various gear to use up the gold from rich parents and still leave him with a good kit.

He made level two and I chose an alt. Option for weapon style: thrown weapon.  That gave him bonus feat of Precise Shot without needing Point Blank Shot, but I plan on adding it later.

Let me know what you think.

My son didn’t have the attention span to stay at the table for long: his cousins were in the pool, so he ended up there.  My friend always plays the Cleric, but he ran Batman as a second character and had a blast with it.
    • By nakos
      I'd asked after last year's Reapercon who to contact about volunteering. Initially it was Lady Storm but when she retired it changed and I think it was @ReaperAHawk that became the new point of contact. 
      Who, what and where do I need to send a request to help at Reapercon?

Posted here in case others were wondering the same. 
    • By TGP
      https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/06/28/woman-killed-man-injured-shooting-spurred-parking-lot-fight-lewisville

This is just straight up sad from every angle.

The reason it gets my attention is that many of us have visited this location. This happened on the parking lot attached to the venue ReaperCon used two years running.

It may have spilled out of a high-school party held in that same event Center. (That tidbit was in the TV news this evening.)

(Btw, The URL title/headline was not as accurate as it could have been but I guess that is an artifact of early less than accurate reporting. Woman is not so accurate: Amya Alane Batie was just 16.)

• By Marineal
      Yay! This is my second diorama I'm finishing up for reapercon! This will be for the diorama category. I hope y'all like it! I'm probably going to add a plaque to the plinth...it look pretty naked... 
      It's titled "Avenge the Fallen" 
      I'm always up for c&c.

Hope they make y'all smile. 
    • By Marineal
      He's done! He was the last one, so glad to have them finished up! 

Let me know what y'all think!

• Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)