Inarah

Paint Binge Challenge, Nov 24- 28 2016

Hmmm... this sounds like fun, but I have the whole week off and was planning on starting my painting on the 18th and going through the 23rd.  I won't get many done in the window of the 24th through the 26th with the annual family gathering (my family always meets for Thanksgiving, not for Christmas).  Might be able to do some late on the 26th and then a lot on the 27th again.  May have to do a separate but similar thing.

Edit:  After thinking about this, I really need to get back on all of the Zombicide figures I bought for my wife.  I'll plan for working on the Black Plague set (because we enjoy it far more than the modern rules and love the dashboards) to get as many of the zombies painted as possible.  I will not be painting the Abomination or the Necromancer from the base set, nor any of the heroes.  Just the zombies.  I do not see any way I will be able to paint 63 zombies, so this will be a test to see how many of these I can paint.  

So, for the next week or two, instead of painting Goblins, I need to get to cleaning mold lines and have them all ready to go so I can begin priming on the 18th and see how far down the rabbit hole I can go.

Edit: Here is the link to my WIP.

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 4

While I've got a family gathering to deal with, I should be free by Sunday, and I've already taken Monday off from work, so we'll see...

• Like 1

BONUS CHALLENGE:  Use at least 3 paints from Reapercon 2016, or the Halloween promotion:

-- Ghostly Moss

-- Corporeal Shadow

-- Gothic Crimson

-- Pumpkin Orange

-- Golden Glow

-- Spectral White

-- Breast Cancer Pink

-- Vampiric Skin

-- Fresh Blood

• Like 4

I am prepped for painting!  Here are the photos.  I don't expect to get to half of this, but we'll see. 

These figures have partial basecoats, mostly one or two colors:

post-3776-0-88283100-1479590714.jpg

Mixed, some primed, some not, one that needs a complete repaint:

post-3776-0-32991500-1479590791.jpg

Unprimed Bones:

post-3776-0-98163200-1479590854.jpg

Primed with paint at various stages:

post-3776-0-97377800-1479590897.jpg

Mostly primed, unpainted figures:

post-3776-0-90890800-1479590944.jpg

Four days left!

• Like 5

Everybody got their brushes ready? Less than 6 hours until start time!  

Do I get to start early since I'm on PST?  :;):

Have three total in process. Actually hoping I'll finish them all before midnight (we'll see). Got plenty of gobs to get through this weekend, and a little basing work for some variety. I'll take a quick pick tonight or tomorrow with my queue.

• Like 4

Mine won't be starting until Friday due to having guests over for Thanksgiving; got a pile of goblins that need paint. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Okay I have 8 dead people, (4 primed) a chicken +Chimera (basecoated)  and basing for a finished dwarf mini.  the goal is to get it all done by the end of the year.

Or the weekend, whatever... 

• Like 5

Looking forward to everyone's pictures. Keep count of your total and let's see if we break the last total (2014) of over 200 figures.  And don't forget: 

BONUS CHALLENGE:  Use at least 3 paints from Reapercon 2016, or the Halloween promotion:

-- Ghostly Moss

-- Corporeal Shadow

-- Gothic Crimson

-- Pumpkin Orange

-- Golden Glow

-- Spectral White

-- Breast Cancer Pink

-- Vampiric Skin

-- Fresh Blood

• Like 2

Starting off this morning with a pair of NOVA Corp guys because they're easy and might see action as soon as Saturday. Also got a trio of Egyptian harem ladies with lots of skin showing.  Wishing I had picked up that vampiric skin at Reapercon. 

• Like 2

Continuing work on the tanks for Team Yankee, I am about ready to 'dirty them up' with some light weathering...

The 2 resin freebies from Oathsworn are moving along...

Kane from Bronze Age...

And 2 from Tre Manor's Warbands of the cold north started....

We will see how much gets completed befor

OOOOH! Gotta paint those right now!!!!!!

• Like 4

First Egyptian lady finished. Nova troopers base coated. Deviled eggs made. Camera batteries charging up. 

• Like 4