So How Do You Assemble Those Robotech Minis from that Game?

Xumenicus

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What game is this? again?

Palladium's Robotech RPG Tactics.  Great idea, beautiful minis, terrible execution.  The Kickstarter was wildly successful.  Palladium delivered half of promised goods late, and the other half have been nowhere to be seen for several years now.

I suspect that Harmony Gold insisted that the minis have more pieces than wise for the scale thinking that they were more akin to regular sized plastic models.  I also suspect that Palladium was convinced that the project would be more successful than it was (and also misbudgeted), so expected that they could use the proceeds from regular sales of "Wave 1" to fund production of "Wave 2".  When the game flopped, they were left with insufficient funds to produce Wave 2 (which is making it harder to get people to play the game).

Ron

• Like 4

I used plastic cement for mine and while they were very fiddly I don't think I ever had to resort to clamping bits.  I did need to use tiny pliers to get some pieces into place; some of the antenna bits are silly small.

I really need to get back to those at some point..."luckily" it appears I still have YEARS before Palladium gets around to doing anything with wave 2... :grr:

Eh, I just put them together with super glue... probably took an hour?  Seam lines and the like are just impossible at that scale to really get rid of (or I should say, beyond my desire to invest time into!)

I tried! I tried sooooooooooooooooo hard.

• Like 1

Palladium's Robotech RPG Tactics.  Great idea, beautiful minis, terrible execution.  The Kickstarter was wildly successful.  Palladium delivered half of promised goods late, and the other half have been nowhere to be seen for several years now.

I suspect that Harmony Gold insisted that the minis have more pieces than wise for the scale thinking that they were more akin to regular sized plastic models.  I also suspect that Palladium was convinced that the project would be more successful than it was (and also misbudgeted), so expected that they could use the proceeds from regular sales of "Wave 1" to fund production of "Wave 2".  When the game flopped, they were left with insufficient funds to produce Wave 2 (which is making it harder to get people to play the game).

Some of the minis in this game have more pieces than the 1:200 scale Nichimo models that I have. It's nuts.

Eh, I just put them together with super glue... probably took an hour?  Seam lines and the like are just impossible at that scale to really get rid of (or I should say, beyond my desire to invest time into!)

I tried! I tried sooooooooooooooooo hard.

It felt like in the case of the Destroids, they just used the older N scale kits that are out on the market, shrunk them down and said done!  I wish I had mine on a sprue still so I could check, but then thats getting into that effort thing again :D

• Like 1

The Clamps!

Every 6 months or so I forget what's in the box and think I should make the minis.  Then I open the box, stare at the sprues, put the lid back on and hide it away until I forget the horror inside again. 

The hard trooth for me is that even if I managed to assemble all of it, the complete failure of Wave Two has so brutally killed any initial interest people near me had that it will never be played anyway.

It was an alright concept completely murdered by the most dreadful execution. 

• Like 4