Mythic Battles Pantheon

Smokestack

Not totally sold yet. Conan was/is not a bad combination of miniatures and game, but miniatures and game have certain flaws. They showed incredible sculpts (partially computer generated) during the Conan KS and some (! ... by far not all) did not live up to that (and yes, Zombicide and Blood Rage showed that it can - almost - be done).

fwiw, Pantheon is based on Mythic Battles, a game released in 2012. Since this game is already in English, hopefully, it won't have the same problems the Conan English rulebook and cards do. You can always wait until retail, when you have a better idea of the sculpts and other components.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125996/mythic-battles

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beasts of War have a pretty detailed chat about this on todays weekender (can't link as I think it would be classed as a commercial website but google should cough it up easily enough), including showing side by sides of some of the resin masters and final plastic minis both painted and unpainted

note they are using the same trick as CMON did with Wrath of Kings of using ABS plastic (think lego bricks) for the long thin straight bits to avoid bendy spear syndrome

• Like 1

Beasts of War have a pretty detailed chat about this on todays weekender (can't link as I think it would be classed as a commercial website but google should cough it up easily enough), including showing side by sides of some of the resin masters and final plastic minis both painted and unpainted

note they are using the same trick as CMON did with Wrath of Kings of using ABS plastic (think lego bricks) for the long thin straight bits to avoid bendy spear syndrome

Thanks for the info!  The comparison of final plastic to resin is at 43 minutes.  The plastic shrinks 6% they said, so there is a notable difference in size.

As far as I can tell that comparison is the only one that shows a production plastic.  The rest are resins being painted by pros to pop those details.  Did anyone notice any others?

I am very interested in this but will temper by enthusiasm with skepticism about the eye candy teasers.

Definitely the Reaper hydra. Reaper hell-hounds in the same pic. Maybe they don't have all their minis yet, and are just using those for demo purposes.

Yeah, they must be proxies for some reason, because there is a Hydra and Hellhounds in the game, but they do not look like that.

• Like 1

The general sound of the gameplay is really appealing -- easy to learn, fast paced, and quick games.  Plus the fact that the rules have been around a while and have seen a lot of table time.  Everything looks great about this.

I can't find any info on the core pledge cost.  

Hope there aren't any early birds -- Tuesday is crazy busy.

The general sound of the gameplay is really appealing -- easy to learn, fast paced, and quick games.  Plus the fact that the rules have been around a while and have seen a lot of table time.  Everything looks great about this.

I can't find any info on the core pledge cost.  

Hope there aren't any early birds -- Tuesday is crazy busy.

I believe they said there will be 1,000 Early Birds. Core pledge is $100.

• Like 1

Which one was Hadrathus? I will take a look. I painted one the cloaked guy with the fire. He is nice... (though my paint job and picture taking are not). I may not have paid attention to him. The core Belit. I think detail is fine. I dont like the sculpt, Even when they showed the concept art. 

Edit. Ha!, Hadrathus is the one I painted. I will take a pic. Be gentle with my painting skills. :) 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1