Mythic Battles Pantheon

Smokestack

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall i think most of the minis are quite Nice. There are a few that aren't great. Like any of the man sized monsters. I was paying attention to Mythic Battles as a "maybe" but having Conan in hand has made me excited for it. with 2 more years experience under their belts I think the quality will be nice. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1

Do you know how much that pays? And it's so windy on a street corner ;)  ... three weeks ago my band played in a local bar: we are four people, we set up, did sound-check and played for 1.5 hours with a 20 minute break in the middle ... when we wanted to pack our things the owner of the bar asked if we were crazy to stop playing as long as there were still customers there. With sound-check, music, break and packing things up we were there for four hours (four people) ... the pay was $200 ...

Playing guitar is not the best way to finance Kickstarteritis ...

Greetings adventurers!

Tomorrow is the launch date of our new Kickstarter!

Mythic Battles: Pantheon transports you into the world of mythological Greece, but with a twist. The Titans have escaped their prison and have destroyed Olympus in a cataclysmic war with the Gods. The land is ravaged, and the gates of the Underworld have been flung open. Chaos reigns.

You play a fallen God.

Recruit your warriors from among the most famous Monsters and Heroes to ever live, and quest for fragments of divine essence to regain your past power. Will Achilles fight by your side? Heracles? The Medusa or the many-headed Hydra? Will your protector be Cerberus, the guardian of the Underworld? Perhaps Leonidas and his Spartans? Who will you lead to glory?

The same sculptors who worked on Conan return to outdo themselves in this new game. There are many Monsters, Gods and other large models for these world-class talents to showcase their abilities on, and they have certainly risen to the challenge! The game boards too are beautifully rendered by the same artists who worked on Conan, and are fully compatible with that game.

And this is only the beginning!

The Kickstarter starts tomorrow, November 1st, 3:00PM EST

Discover the trailer!

My core Belit has an awfully warped spear and the "coin" bra is hardly noticeable. Yeah Hadrathus is the mage with the fire ... I find him very "bland" ... but that might be my first impression and my personal taste. Those two above actually look better than I would have expected.

Regarding the warped spear, for Mythic Battles they are using two types of plastic; pvc for the character, and a harder abs for the longer weapons so that they don't warp.

Can't wait for this to start today!

• Like 2

If this were Norse gods I would be all over it. 

My feelings as well. Grabbed an EB but I'm waiting it out to see if anything really caches my eye. I like the mythology but I'm not sold on the actual game. It looks like you can't manuever troops unless you have the card in hand? So you are tactically limited by cards, which kinda sucks. Skirmish games get repetitive and boring after a while too. If I stay in this it'll be for the minis.

• Like 2