Mythic Battles Pantheon

Smokestack

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's holding me back right now is not knowing how they will handle Canadian shipping.  There is no mention of using a Canadian shipping hub, which means that there might be extra fees (beyond shipping when I receive it.

Since no Canadians have received delivery on Conan yet I will have to wait and see what they say when the get it.  That will give me a sense of what to expect here.

Atlas is still lurking at $500k. He’s getting closer all the time though, and boy is he big. He’s going to be really big when he arrives! He makes the Gods look small, and they’re already twice the height of a hero like Achilles

We think he might be the biggest “miniature†ever given away on Kickstarter!

e26c1506f2.png

e26fbed264.png

e2720ec5ec.png

I was excited before it started, and I am still interested in the game, but none of the stretch goals so far have interested me.  The core set seems like a very coherent and well-designed aesthetic with a solid logic holding it together, and I could see my self buying this game at retail. 

However I feel like in this project I would be paying a lot more to get the stretch goals.  But do I need those?  Atlas is big ... yes ... but I don't look at that guy and think "Atlas" from Greek myth.  I think a giant with four arms.    The Spartoi are just skeletons and Medea and Echo are ... not for me.

This could easily end up costing me $200 canadian (100 US plus shipping plus taxes/duties) and that seems like a lot for the core game.  I wonder what the retail price of the basic game will be?

Anyway, just offering some thoughts on what is holding me back.  I could easily change my mind and am watching this with interest. 

This is still going strong, $850k with 18 days to go. Currently the base pledge has 96 minis (47 unique sculpts) with ~20 of them large or larger. So around a dollar per mini, making it a great deal even if you are only interested in the figures. Also, ~10 sculpts are ks exclusives. Including this guy, who I'm very excited about:

a7ebf791efee9571da51e8d7e64becb3_origina

That's a great looking Icarus.