knarthex

Team Yankee, A different kind of WiP

Good work!

I was wondering how they got based; now i know.

I imagine individually basing them would be a PITA.

In some ways individual basing is easier than mounting them together on stands. Its just easier to work your ground texture in there. Playing with stands is pretty standard for most mini games designed for 15mm.

yup, getting the ground stuff done is a PITA!

Some folks glue the minis to the stands, and then paint them!?!?!?!!!

HOW THEY DO IT IS BEYOND ME...

ps, just saw som Neat tutorials on painting Infantry on the FoW Forum....

(You have to sign up to read them though....)

• Like 2

Got the groundwork painted up, flocking and other ground covers tonight....

post-14271-0-91532900-1484354231_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

SGT George

• Like 5

So the infantry is based, which means they are done!

The platoon, & Company commander

post-14271-0-39444800-1484460630_thumb.jpg 

Co.

post-14271-0-44376500-1484460631_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-49593000-1484460632_thumb.jpg

Plt Ldr

post-14271-0-36058800-1484460633_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-34521300-1484460634_thumb.jpg

Squad (Example)

post-14271-0-26443000-1484460635_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-16102700-1484460636_thumb.jpg

Dragon gunner advancing

post-14271-0-90705500-1484460636_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-64075300-1484460637_thumb.jpg

Dragon Gunner firing

post-14271-0-02509800-1484460639_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-68586100-1484460639_thumb.jpg

On to the next batch of vehicles....

Thanks for looking!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 8

Good job....  

not realistic...  

The Plt Leader would never carry his own radio gear!  

I don't see the radio man squatting in front of him...

also why is he standing up to be a target..  

must be a fresh Officer assigned to the platoon!

• Like 2

Good job....

not realistic...

The Plt Leader would never carry his own radio gear!

I don't see the radio man squatting in front of him...

also why is he standing up to be a target..

must be a fresh Officer assigned to the platoon!

There is a guy with the radio standing in front of each officer, to his right....

(Look at the pic of the rear and you can see the backpack radio)

And officers should know better. ..

But officers....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

So the next group of vehicles (6 M106 4.2" mortar carriers, and the Mech Co Commanders M113) were assembled over the past couple of evenings, and the base coat of Tamiya XF-67 NATO Green was applied, along with the first camo color of Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black...

The group:

post-14271-0-82552900-1485752947_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-91776800-1485752948_thumb.jpg

The Platoon Co's track as an example:

post-14271-0-96282800-1485752949_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-04145400-1485752951_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-04270400-1485752952_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-00567200-1485752953_thumb.jpg

I took this shot from hig above so that the opening in the upper armor was clearly visable.

post-14271-0-06177300-1485752954_thumb.jpg

The reason the opening is covered, is that before I assembled the models, the inside of the 'track was primed with P3 White primer, and then a piece of masking tape was put over the opening.

(The tape will be removed (HOPEFULLY!) when the 3 color camouflage is finished...

The reason for this is that the inside of every armored vehicle that I have ever been inside of has been painted white, and when the mortar and crewmen are put in, you will be able to see the white interior....

(Granted, they still get dirty, and these will be spotless, but....)

Also painted, but without pics, are the tracks, that do NOT get the 3 color scheme, and the Mortar's base plate pieces that will hang on the left side of the 'track....

The undersides of hatches are painted the same NATO Green as the outside of the vehicle, as they will be open at times, and we wouldn't want the bright white spots to give us away, now would we?????

And tonight saw the debut of my new Iwata HP-SB+ airbrush for painting the Black.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Man, I am shocked at the difference a .2 mm nozzle / needle makes vs a .3mm for doing fine lines....

As always, thanks for looking!

Nato Brown tomorrow, also with the Iwata....

G

• Like 8

On the interior hatches that flip up and expose the interior side of the hatch, what color is that painted? The interior color (which I think is actually a very light green from what I have read but I have never seen an actual modern vehicle interior myself) or the main exterior camo color?

• Like 1

NATO Green.
Again, on all the vehicles I saw.

The insides may have been a really pale green, but at 15mm, I don't think it will mater all that much....

(The tanks M60A3, and M1, were White, at least in the battalions I served in....)

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

Okay, the color I have actually says APC Interior Green on it, so the interior of a tank being white doesn't really conflict with that at all.

• Like 1

Also, the starboard side top hatch on the mortar track is in 2 parts, and folds so that the outside is on top when open, so the hinge on the loose hatch part goes to the outside...