Completely Failed Tower Implosion Diorama

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then my little girl stole the tower, my Bones, and they belong to her now. "Thanks, dad. This is neat."

Most of Bones 1 were stolen by my children.  I'm sure you could coax the tower back if you were going to promise to upgrade it!  

Wonderful idea!  

• Like 4

Did she take the original cardboard version, or the one made out of the thermoplastic sheet?

If she took the cardboard, not that much of a problem is it, you alreaced the parts out on the plastic...

If she took the plastic one, you still have the cardboard and can make a new set of plastic parts, so...

No excuse!

• Like 6

Oh my goodness, we should be friends!! We get very similar ideas but yours exponentially increase all the wild and crazy elements haha! (Mine was a simple alchemy lab inside a mushroom tower)

I think I sat across from you in Derek's sculpting faces class. ::):

I think it would be really cool to have the edges of this tower reflect the location of the other tower half, like if the magic was very slowly pulling in on itself. Like if it was at the bottom of the ocean, maybe a few barnacles creeping in. Or if it was in an old forest, the stone starts to crumble and roots start wrapping themselves in....

• Like 6

I would go the Hirst Arts Blocks route. Build the walls and then sculpt the cut away edges with miliput. Nice solid plaster blocks pre-textured.  I did a project similar but not exactly like your idea.  Square not round, and stack-able, not cut-away.

http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/3589/Bell-Tower-for-Hirstopia-Updated-pics-112110?page=1#.WBN0rNUrKUk

As for your project getting hijacked......   happens sometimes

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, we should be friends!! We get very similar ideas but yours exponentially increase all the wild and crazy elements haha! (Mine was a simple alchemy lab inside a mushroom tower)

I think I sat across from you in Derek's sculpting faces class. ::):

I think it would be really cool to have the edges of this tower reflect the location of the other tower half, like if the magic was very slowly pulling in on itself. Like if it was at the bottom of the ocean, maybe a few barnacles creeping in. Or if it was in an old forest, the stone starts to crumble and roots start wrapping themselves in....

I love that idea. More of an alchemic mutual translocation something or other. It'd definitely need a good description for it to make sense to somebody else...OR...have the destination sitting next to it. Each display would have warp bubbles of the other warping in.

That would be really really cool, and really really difficult to pull off. :D

And yes! I was in the class. You had antlers. *- ::):-*

I have signs for you. These are from when I started planning out the tower project.

post-13908-0-05672700-1477856793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xumenicus
  • Like 4