Skrill

Druid and Warg (Bones and Mantic)

Awesome work on them!

I love the Warg , BONUS points for painting a WOLF!!!!

That Elemental rocks!!!

• Like 2

Lots of personality in these figures!

Does the Mantic mini have an unusually small head? I can see how that would give her more anime-like proportions, while still technically being 28mm scale.

Good lit gem effects on the druid, and the crystals on the elemental look terrific too.

• Like 1

NIce. Are you familiar with Warmachine/Hordes line? I ask because what you've just painted could be a nice alt version of Kaya and Laris... 

• Like 1

Excellent work on all three!

About the druid--I've never seen that figure before; I'm kinda wondering if the sculpt itself isn't all that wonderful (face wise).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      Here is High Priest Borosos from Mantic’s Kings of War game. He will serve as my cleric in our current 1st ed. D&D game. 

• By EvilJames
      So this  is an experiment in multiple  ways. First, when I painted this guy up. I wanted to try and paint a black wolf for something different. I wasn't  sure how to make the fur stand out, so this is the first time I've used reference photos. Also for the longest time I've been having trouble getting photos to turn out. They look fine on the phone but awful on my laptop when I try to edit them. Turns out, when you upload things to a potato, they look like potato.  So I'm seeing if I can make it work with just my phone. Anyway here we go.
    • By Pancakeonions
      Hey fellow nerds!

So I've got a few of the new Nightstalker minis from Mantic games, and I love 'em, for the most part, but would also love to add some diversity and fun to the mix.  They're all pretty weird, distinctive minis, so I'm not sure what Reaper Minis might have to mix in (and how I'd even begin to search for something...), so I thought I'd turn to the collective knowledge base for help!

Here's what the Mantic Nightstalker starter warband looks like: 

I love the shadow-hounds (along the bottom of the pic), but they're the same pose.  Does Reaper have anything like 'em?

I'm not a huge fan of the scarecrow guys (called, wouldn't ya know it, "scarecrows") with the goofy hats.  They're approximately humanoid sized.  Does Reaper have any creepy "slender men" who look very spooky and otherworldly, and might fit in as scarecrows without goofy hats?

I love the Reapers (the eyeless humanoid sized alien things with spike-arms growing out of their backs - not to be confused with Reaper Minis!), and there's a "boss" version called a Reaper Souldrinker.  Mantic has thus far just painted up a Reaper differently to use as a Souldrinker.  Does Reaper have anything creepy to serve as a boss-man Reaper?  I have a few Tyranid bits (claws and such from Games Workshop) that I could use to make him all fancy.  What might you recommend?

The Butchers are pretty rad (The two big, three-armed guys at the top there).  Not sure I need another.  Does Reaper Minis have anything similar?

And I'm not super in love with the horrors (there are two in the picture, big mouths with purple smoke/energy surrounding them, directly above the Shadow-Hounds).  What sort of ghost/ horror/ weirdness might Reaper Minis have?

And I'm also not a huge fan of the Phantom (the eyeless purple ghost-y thing; one is next to a horror, one is at the top of the photo, between the two butchers).  Any good, creepy ghosts?  Games Workshop has a lot of new, neat ghost type figures, but I thought I'd try here first.  Any recommendations? 

Not shown are spectres (fire-bolt spitting ghosts - the Mantic figure is pretty meh), needlefangs (40mm based swarms of unsubtantial teeth, eyes, and nastiness.  I don't have this figure, I don't think it's out yet, but it looks rad!).  I like the mindscreetch (a big, weird looking floating brain), a Shade (creepy looking mouth-eyes nasty.  Looks cool!), a banshee (odd female-ish model with a mouth where the head should be.  Not sure I like it...)

Anyway, anyone else playing around with these figures?  What do you think?  What are you swapping in for which figures?  Thanks! 

• By Nightwing
      The gold armor tone is a bit flat on this guy. I should have used a slightly yellower shade for the midtone I think. Oh well. He’lol do for my purposes. 

Also, I thought the shield would tilt tilt the other way when attached to his arm, so the shading is opposite what i think it should be. 

• By Metalchaos
      Here is a 77437, Winter Wolf I painted in black to make it look like it's a Worg for the purpose of my D&D campaign. This model was sculpted by Sandra Garrity and I mounted on a 25 x 50mm base.          
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 170 Guests (See full list)