Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

Morihalda

Question for November 1st, 2016

If you were the emperor or empress of all the things where would you set the boundary dates for the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Superbowl seasons?

Ok... Crafting supplies for all would be available year round. As would specialty Christmas and Halloween stores. Sometimes you need a zombie costume and a couple dozen tombstones in March....

Private homes can decorate for any holiday any time.

But normal stores and restaurants... Halloween starts Oct 1st, Thanksgiving Nov 1st, Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving, and Superbowl gets 1 week.

Ditto

• Like 5

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were I the emperor of all things Halloween would get a couple weeks leading up to the day.  Thanksgiving would get the week it's in, inclusive of the weekend after.  Christmas would start about mid-December and last through the epiphany (6. Jan).  Superbowl doesn't have a season, it's a single game, it gets it's day.

• Like 4

I like traditions and all, but I also think many of our holidays have lost meaning.  

I would therefore put holidays on a rotational schedule... knowing that my kingdom craftsman still need to make money during these festive times, I would begin instituting additional holidays in the normal traditional schedule but have different holidays (or holy days if you prefer).

I will take submissions from my brightest subjects and enact them in the coming year.  I would also affect Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and many more.  Why should beer be colored green every year? Shouldn't other colors have an opportunity?

If there is protesting, then I shall do away with all holidays for an entire year and revisit my scheduled activities in the following year.  I shall also move the Olympics back to falling on the same year instead of this bi-annual do-we-have-olympics-this-year type of schedule.  It shall be planned and rejoiced as will all of my holidays.

Thank you. You are dismissed. 

• Like 4

I would only put the restriction on Christmas because that's the only one that seems to seep in super early. So no Christmas stuff until the day after Thanksgiving. Also no Black Friday sales until Black Friday! Let people have time with there families for Clown's sake! Halloween can creep into September a bit but if it gets out of hand then I'd put my foot down.

Thanksgiving barely has a season since it pretty much has been absorbed by Christmas at this point. I'd bring back it's season to be right after Halloween ending on Black Friday.

• Like 6

Gooooood morning, folks! ::D:

The Frequently Ignored "Rules"

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.

2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)

3. Questions are going to be posted between 12:01AM and 5AM GMT. 

4. Everyone is encouraged to submit questions to be posted by me via PM.

5. You do not have to answer every question...

6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or post that you decline to answer (why would be nice).

7. Questions usually run 2, perhaps 3 days on weekends.

--

If you were the emperor or empress of all the things where would you set the boundary dates for the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Superbowl seasons?

Superbowl season doesn't exist for me. That's usually the season I spend alone binge watching something on Netflix because no one is around...

Damon.

• Like 7

for the love of all that's holy, throw out the dead tree - it's a fire hazard. (I once saw a tree thrown out in the dumpster hutch of my apartment building in JUNE - not okay.)

I move my tree to the back patio after New Year. Looks nice and the birds can roost in it. I remove all the lights and whatnot, of course. So my tree either goes the very last day the city will pick it up in winter, or more often the first day of green waste pickup in the spring.

Might be less inclined now that Bart's not with us, but he used to love sitting in the window by the tree.

• Like 7

I would give each holiday their respective month, at most. Superbowl isn't a holiday and if it were up to me I'd kill the thing off entirely. I have big problems with sports programs, and how they're funded, starting at the high school level and running all the way to the professional level...

• Like 9

Dutch.

A - Halloween should be celebrated in the Netherlands like it is in the USA..and I want it to last for at least two weeks.

B - Sinterklaas ( Dutch holiday) For one week.

C - Thanksgiving is non existent here..different country, we're not thankful, we just took what we wanted...Nobody gave anything to us.. :upside:

D - Christmas A whole month

E - Superbowl - Nonexistent here.. Can we have Bacon instead?

• Like 9

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.

6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or post that you decline to answer (why would be nice).

--

Superbowl season doesn't exist for me. That's usually the season I spend alone binge watching something on Netflix because no one is around...

Damon.

If you feel like going to Rhode Island there's a convention that is going on that day. it has a painting contest :P

• Like 4

Halloween can have October, Thanksgiving can have November, and Christmas can start the day after Thanksgiving. Hockey is the only sport that I pay attention to so Superbowl season can just go away.

• Like 4

--

Damon.

If you feel like going to Rhode Island there's a convention that is going on that day. it has a painting contest :P

Which con?
  • Like 1

--

Damon.

Which con?

Captain Con, it took the time slot left open when templecon moved to summer

• Like 2