Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

28th, anything rap, classical or country 

29th, too many humorous songs to list.  artists with humorous songs, the poxy boggards, the merry wives of Windsor, the limey birds, the bedlam bards, the O'Danny Girls, Marc Gunn, Weird Al, Tom Lehrer, Mikey Mason, Efenwealt Whystle, Tom Smith, the blibbering humdingers

• Like 2
  • Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for November 30, 2016.

Help the next person out! What would you like to ask your fellow Forumites?  ^_^

What do dragons do with all of those princesses they kidnap?

How do knights armed with lances fight flying lizards?

what sort of uniforms will you make your minions wear?

what player character/critter type can you never find a mini for?

how do you drink your tea or coffee?

what are you building?

• Like 6

Help the next person out! What would you like to ask your fellow Forumites? ^_^

After breaking up a long-term relationship with my "life-partner"/SO, etc. I jumped back into the pool...

So I have an actual 2nd date, with an actual Woman(!) & I'm not sure what sort of thing I should bring. For context on our first date I brought a single red rose. For this one I'll be going directly from work, so won't be able to stop anywhere for more flowers, so thinking of something a little less perishable. What are Reaperites' collective wisdom on what this should be? Thinking something nice but not too overstated...

Damon.

Should we be answering this question now, or is this one to come up in December? :huh:
Seems like the wrong forum/thread...

...and time-sensitive enough, it ought to have its own thread.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

Help the next person out! What would you like to ask your fellow Forumites?  ^_^

After breaking up a long-term relationship with my "life-partner"/SO, etc. I jumped back into the pool...

So I have an actual 2nd date, with an actual Woman(!) & I'm not sure what sort of thing I should bring. For context on our first date I brought a single red rose. For this one I'll be going directly from work, so won't be able to stop anywhere for more flowers, so thinking of something a little less perishable. What are Reaperites' collective wisdom on what this should be? Thinking something nice but not too overstated...

Damon.

Minis would be perfect, of course. ^_^

• Like 3

Damon.

Probably the wrong thread to answer this, but here's my two coppers...

I wouldn't think bringing anything to a second date should be necessary. The flower was a nice touch for a first date. You're not hiring the woman, she shouldn't require gifts at every date. Depending on the woman, she might even see bringing a gift on every date makes you look creepy. There are exceptions: if one of you is cooking dinner, the other could bring a nice bottle of wine. And random surprises are a good thing, but they should be random.

• Like 6

Damon.

I wouldn't think bringing anything to a second date should be necessary. The flower was a nice touch for a first date. You're not hiring the woman, she shouldn't require gifts at every date. Depending on the woman, she might even see bringing a gift on every date makes you look creepy. There are exceptions: if one of you is cooking dinner, the other could bring a nice bottle of wine. And random surprises are a good thing, but they should be random.

By which he means 'roll percentile dice and refer to the chart'. :lol:

• Like 3

Help the next person out! What would you like to ask your fellow Forumites? ^_^

Damon.

Should we be answering this question now, or is this one to come up in December? :huh:
Seems like the wrong forum/thread...

...and time-sensitive enough, it ought to have its own thread.

There's a more appropriate forum here for dating advice?  :rock:  ::P:

• Like 4

Damon.

By which he means 'roll percentile dice and refer to the chart'. :lol:

I've been playing a ton of Kingdom Death over the last week. Everything is random chart rolls right now.

• Like 3

Are there any weird pop-culture elements in your region that simply haven't translated to other areas? Like Polkaroo for Ontario (and Newfoundland, I guess?), or House Hippos for pretty much all of Canada...

Do you enjoy watching construction?

Have you ever done anything nice for someone in secret and never confessed?

What's your favourite winter-related memory?

Do you want a hippopotamus for Christmas?

Will only a hippopotamus do?

What about a house hippo?

• Like 2

Sorry if this is a little morbid....

If you suffered a major disaster of some sort and lost all your hobby stuff, would you start over?

• Like 5