Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

Morihalda

I don't think any. 

We live in a neighborhood with almost no other children, down a 600 ft driveway, and we're not at home that night anyways.  We have some just for the kids, and my wife keeps trying to sneak more into the house to satisfy her cravings, but I'm not a candy person. 

The kids got to go over to their cousins' house to trick-or-treat in their neighborhood, and had a lot of fun.  They even got a Chick-Tract apiece!  I wanted to go back and try and snag a Dark Dungeons strip, but my wife wouldn't let me.  :( 

• Like 5

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for November 2, 2016:

How much candy did you acquire through sales, leftovers, or family tax?

We don't give out candy at our house because we live on a state highway, and any kids coming out there would be street pizza in no time...

I'm not sure what you mean by "family tax" but if you mean "what I steal from the kids' stash" then when they make out good, so do I...

Hey, candy is unhealthy! By relieving them of some of their stash I am actually looking after their health! :)

Damon.

• Like 7

I bought a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I didn't have anything left as at the end of trick or treating I told the last couple of kids to take a handful each, and one of them appears to have dumped what remained in his bag.

This. 

• Like 3

Lots of leftovers, so far no family tax but we'll see what I can talk 'em into giving up... ::P: They both ended up with more candy from trick-or-treating than they go through in a whole year (we don't do a lot of candy in our house, but we also don't outright ban it - it's just a sometimes thing) so we'll probably wait until late November and then ask if they're OK with dumping what remains into a shared bin that we offer whenever guests come over.

I only had 6 pieces left from yesterday, so today was-a huntin' time. However, when I got to the store I found that they had put it on sale, but they pulled 90% of the stock to put in Christmas candy. I still managed to get 10 bags of Jelly Belly for $0.94 each, and  Spooky Shapes Reese's. Candy will be doled out at work, with enough to keep me fueled.

Haven't you mentioned somewhere that you're diabetic? Isn't candy a bad idea for you? I think it is. You should send me those Jelly Belly bags to save yourself. ::P: 

I bought a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I didn't have anything left as at the end of trick or treating I told the last couple of kids to take a handful each, and one of them appears to have dumped what remained in his bag.

At one point the kids went up to a house that had the big bowl of stuff out front and when my 5-year-old daughter came back down their driveway she had a handful of mini chocolate bars... I was pretty embarrassed but I didn't want to upset her (she gets really, really sad if she thinks she's hurt someone's feelings or done something wrong) so I just let it go, but I was kinda looking around like "Oh jeez I hope no-one saw that"... :lol: 

• Like 6

We had approximately one bag of candy leftover when we gave up on handing out candy at 7:43, a full 17 minutes before the scheduled end of Trick-or-Treating. I retired to the basement to paint Bathalians for my RPG, and when I went back to the porch to collect our leftovers, I discovered that some malicious elfhat dumped a bunch of whoppers, milk duds, and twizzlers in my candy bowls!

All of which I love.

• Like 2

. Hopefully none. I'm trying to be a good diabetic.

I wish I could double like your post.

Actually... I kinda want to print it out and post it up in the office to say "See! There are good diabetics out there!"

• Like 5

Question for November 2, 2016:How much candy did you acquire through sales, leftovers, or family tax?

. Hopefully none. I'm trying to be a good diabetic.

I wish I could double like your post.

Actually... I kinda want to print it out and post it up in the office to say "See! There are good diabetics out there!"

I'm usually good with candy. There are some really good sugar free candies out there. Unfortunately my favorite foods are pasta and rice. Those are the hard ones for me.
  • Like 2

Question for November 3, 2016:

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 9