Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

Morihalda

Question for November 3, 2016:

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

I frequently place pantry items in the fridge....

After a particularly brutal retail week, I once laid down in the shower because I wanted to take a nap but I also wanted to be clean. And I then went, "no wait... .this isn't right..."

• Like 10

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

I've driven the wrong way down the local toll road once or twice.

• Like 4

The timing is excellent! —it is best to post the question at a moment in the day when the questioner can always reliably be on.

And it is already 1:30am in London on the next day if you put the question up at 7:30pm RST (Reaper Standard Time)

• Like 5

I've managed to drive myself an hour or more down the highway and make my way home from somewhere only to walk into my house and wonder how the heck I just got home.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8

I only had 6 pieces left from yesterday, so today was-a huntin' time. However, when I got to the store I found that they had put it on sale, but they pulled 90% of the stock to put in Christmas candy. I still managed to get 10 bags of Jelly Belly for $0.94 each, and  Spooky Shapes Reese's. Candy will be doled out at work, with enough to keep me fueled.

Haven't you mentioned somewhere that you're diabetic? Isn't candy a bad idea for you? I think it is. You should send me those Jelly Belly bags to save yourself. ::P:

Candy is for sharing. Besides, I work hard, and while high blood sugar hurts me, low blood sugar kills me. The balance must be maintained, young padawan.

• Like 4

I do it frequently at work. The safety glass and forklift keys are in the same spot, and I sometimes pick up the one that I don't need by mistake.

And I think that everyone here is guilty of picking up speed during driving once their brain starts to go numb.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 5

I have attempted to flush the toilet with the light switch...three times. -___-

• Like 7

Question for November 1st, 2016

If you were the emperor or empress of all the things where would you set the boundary dates for the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Superbowl seasons?

Ok... Crafting supplies for all would be available year round. As would specialty Christmas and Halloween stores. Sometimes you need a zombie costume and a couple dozen tombstones in March....

Private homes can decorate for any holiday any time.

But normal stores and restaurants... Halloween starts Oct 1st, Thanksgiving Nov 1st, Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving, and Superbowl gets 1 week.

This answer is perfect.
  • Like 6

Usually I just say nonsensical things. Or I zone out and miss what people say. One time I tried to eat with a pencil instead of my fork.
  • Like 5

Most of my autopilot things tend to involve driving. Like taking my normal exit south like I am going to work instead of going north to where I need to go. Or starting to go to work with my daughter sitting in the car next to me because I'm supposed to be dropping her off. Or road zoning to the point where, not only do I miss my exit but, I don't realize it until I'm 30 or 40 miles past it.

I have on occasion left my keys/remote/phone in the pantry/fridge.

• Like 7