Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

Morihalda

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for November 3, 2016:

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

Most recently, doing another lap on the trail instead of taking the turn home during my afternoon run.

• Like 4

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

Mostly just going into autopilot while driving and then trying to figure out where I am.
  • Like 3

The most dangerous was for a period of four years I worked a really stupid rotating shift schedule that kept me in a constant state of sleep deprivation. Pretty much everyday I could remember walking out to my truck from work and walking into the house from the truck, but never remember the drive home.  I consider it a minor miracle that I never wrapped myself around a telephone pole on the way home.

As far as "crazy" goes it's kind of hard to tell, I consider myself fairly unhinged to begin with.  Usually it's of the "grab X when I need Y" variety.

• Like 6

Saturday afternoon, I got in my car to go to the mall. I drive there, park, get out of the car, and walk halfway to the building before I realized that I had driven myself to work, completely in the opposite direction of the mall.

• Like 9

I don't get around much anymore; SO I'm limited to random acts of idiocy at home. The most common is walking with a certain deliberation into a room & forgetting why I'm there.

I suppose I should find this annoying, but I normally just laugh like a loon & wander off somewhere else...the reason for entry rarely returns to the conscious mind...such as it is.

• Like 7

Alarm clock went off -

Sat bolt upright in bed saying "National Support Center, this is *RL NAME REDACTED* How can I help -" And then hit my husband with a pillow because he was laughing his fool head off. ::P:

• Like 13

Put juice on my cereal twice in one morning. 

Take the wrong highway exit because I'm on autopilot. 

• Like 8

On Sundays, I often turn left at the light instead of right to church, because I usually turn left when taking my son to work at the grocery store.

• Like 8

Put juice on my cereal twice in one morning. 

Take the wrong highway exit because I'm on autopilot.

Ended up putting coffee creamer in my cereal on morning.
  • Like 4

Um.... Maybe getting the grape koolaid (the tea was what I went in for and sitting right next to it) out and pouring myself a glass (I'm highly allergic to blue dye). Or using milk in my cereal. Edited by Tarsemina
  • Like 4

Mostly I autopilot to home or work, when I'm not going to either of those. When I was in high school and headed to computer class there were several occasions where I just kept walking past the computer lab and found myself near the band room and I was never really sure what was up with that. That's pretty much all I've really auto piloted.

I did have an incident where I scared my wife because I was so tired I stopped making sense, but that wasn't autopilot, that was just me shutting down.

• Like 4