Getting To Know Each Other - November 2016

Morihalda

Question for November 3, 2016:

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

I've managed to drive myself an hour or more down the highway and make my way home from somewhere only to walk into my house and wonder how the heck I just got home.

This has happened to me plenty of times...

This has happened to me in college a few times walking home too, but I was drunk at the time as well... :)

Damon.

• Like 3

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday afternoon, I got in my car to go to the mall. I drive there, park, get out of the car, and walk halfway to the building before I realized that I had driven myself to work, completely in the opposite direction of the mall.

• Like 7

Saturday afternoon, I got in my car to go to the mall. I drive there, park, get out of the car, and walk halfway to the building before I realized that I had driven myself to work, completely in the opposite direction of the mall.

Very much yes.

Oh, and I thought of another. At home, watching TV, the phone rings. I answer "Good afternoon, Sarges comics, this is David, how can I help you?" and without pause just hand the phone to my sister and walk out of the room. I realized what I was saying about the point I reached the "how can I help you" part of it, but just needed to finish saying it...

• Like 8

I use my truck's keyfob to attempt to unlock/lock my house. And my fiancee's car.

I one brought the tv remote with me into my truck. I also tried to unlock the truck with it.

But yeah, driving autopilot is a big thing for me. If I'm talking to anyone, my brain will just follow the most common route I take in the area. In my defense, almost nobody understands the passenger seat duties.

• Like 5

I've once found myself waiting at an intersection for a green light to turn red so that I could go.

Also kind of surprised nobody's mentioned mixing up the paint water cup and beverage cup. Did that just last week at work and dipped my brush in my coffee (though honestly, it's McDonald's filter coffee, the addition of paint could only be an improvement).

• Like 9

What is a crazy thing you've caught yourself doing after your brain went on autopilot?

(Is posting around this time okay for everyone? If I post it during my morning, it's already afternoon for many others.)

First off, the number of responses that include the phrase 'when I'm driving' is actually kinda terrifying....

I tend to try and use electronic objects to do things other than their intended purpose: tv remote to unlock the car, car key fob to unlock the front door, etc.

• Like 8

I've once found myself waiting at an intersection for a green light to turn red so that I could go.

Yesterday I was driving. I was waiting in a left turn lane at an intersection. Other cars going other directions were moving through the intersection.

Then the light changed...

I was presented with a RED arrow pointing left displayed simultaneously

with a GREEN arrow pointing left.

:unsure:

:mellow:

:blink:

• Like 7

Also kind of surprised nobody's mentioned mixing up the paint water cup and beverage cup. Did that just last week at work and dipped my brush in my coffee (though honestly, it's McDonald's filter coffee, the addition of paint could only be an improvement).

Around here? Figured that was a given!

• Like 5

There was also the time that I decided to shake a pot of paint without the lid on...

• Like 15

There was also the time that I decided to shake a pot of paint without the lid on...

I've done that with a bottle of Gatorade more times than i care to admit...

• Like 7

Repeating, verbatim, an announcement that someone had made that interrupted a conversation I was having, with the intonation and inflection that should have gone with the things I was actually intending to say. It was really odd and embarrassing.

There were many times as a teenager that I arrived home and realised I had no memory of driving anywhere between town and home... which was at least a 45 minute trip.

My wife and her brother's boyfriend were cooking dinner one evening and asked me how many chicken strips I wanted... I honestly couldn't figure out what numbers meant, so I eventually blurted out the first word that I could remember for sure was some actual number. "Nine" was apparently a very odd number of chicken strips to ask for. It took me something like 5 minutes to figure out numbers again. It was a weird experience.

• Like 9