Sign in to follow this  
Lady Cleanbrush

Kiku the Griffon (Ninja All Stars: Tanchyo Oni)

Another super clean and excellent paint job from a Cleanbrush.  And those photos really show it off well.  Nice job!

What is the scale/size of this figure?

• Like 1

This is just STUNNING !!!!

What a glorious sculpt, and an incredible paint job.

Gold was WELL earned and DESERVED !!

• Like 2

Constructive criticism!??!? That mini is beautiful... I have nothing bad to say about it. the shading is lovely....someday Ill be able to shade like that.....:)

AJ 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By Glitterwolf
      New KS from Zenith.

This will be a KS exclusive Set.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zenitminiatures/samurai-commanders-jinmaku?ref=backerkit_launch

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Bones Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai.
      I found his details a bit crude and decided to paint it as a statue for my Nippon Project.

Speed Paint with the Reaper Stone Triad.
      Scale 75 Decayed Metal, P3 Molten Bronze and Vallejo Verdigris.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1829761

There is a legend that deep in the woods around Kyoto there stands a statue of one of Nippon's greatest warriors.
      If one would find it and paid respect to it the statue might bestow luck on that person.
      It is also believed that when the Empire is in dire need, the statue will come to life to fight once more to protect Nippon.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so here's a figure I just finished, an old Ral Partha Saturday Night Fever Samurai, who I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's based on John Belushi.  Pretty straight forward figure to paint, and I wanted to give him more of a five o'clock shadow (thanks Patrick for the advice) but I just gave it to him where it was actually kind of sculpted in.  I looked at a few reference pictures of John Belushi in his Samurai suit, but eventually went a slightly different route to give a bit more color to him. I tried to get a little bit of heat from his cigar too, don't know if you can notice a bit of red and yellow by the ash?

Anyhows, I hope you guys all enjoy this little blast from the past!
    • By Glitterwolf
      Another Clan Wars mini I got from @Jasper_the_2nd for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon project.

This time an ONI OGRE.

WIP HERE:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/

When asked for their allegiance the Oni joined forces with the murdered Toda Clan and the last survivors.
      Due to the family ties they swore to annihilate the Kenmu Clan for their foul deeds.
      In battle these Oni terrified the enemy, larger than men and wielding huge weapons they cut their way through the Kenmu ranks.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)