Got this guy as a freebie in some prior Reaper event (maybe last year's halloween?) So decided to paint him up for the Halloween season this year. Highlighted his hat in purple, pumpkin orange for him obviously. I should have used a more reddish color for the base, I think I used fireball orange, but I rectified that on the next pumpkin guy I painted. Christmas wreath on the base of his vines so I could get a couple of my special editions in at once. Thanks for reading!

post-13639-0-13658700-1478037877.jpg

post-13639-0-56941100-1478037877.jpg

• Like 17

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Better late than never.

Here's some fun Pumpkin Horrors I painted up for @Inarah for Secret Sophie this past December.  I was still riding on my Halloween spirit when Secret Sophie began, but wanted to do something that fit the winter theme.  Inspired by the snowman-like design of the Pumpkin horrors and my own past mistakes of leaving pumpkins outside to rot all winter, I decided to do a holiday mashup with these guys left out in the cold too long.

With some time having passed, I wish I would have made them look a bit rotten and frost-bitten, but I also like the more colorful result.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

These were some fun minis and my first time working with metal.  I have now broken the seal and have started looking into other minis that I previously considered off-limits.  I also enjoyed participating in Secret Sophie and joining in to some of the forum shenanigans.  I highly recommend participating in these kinds of things for any who have been reticent.

What are some of your favorite holiday minis?
    • By DocPiske
      I know, I know, 2020 is scary enough, but here are some spooky miniatures.

First up, Fritz!

Scooby-dooby-doo, where are you?

I like how the blue edging came out on this one.

To be continued...

• By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)