• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peithetairos
      Finally I finished my conversion of Nienna Elfen Ranger. I pretty much changed every aspect of the original mini.

New things attempted: Cloth textures and freckles.

C&C very welcome.

Areas to improve: Blends (smoother is always better), finer texture patterns, sculpt could be a little cleaner in some places.

• By Peithetairos
      My next project is another ranger. I already have a cool male elf ranger, but thought it might be nice to add a female version. So going through the Bones minis I came across Nienna.

Unfortunately her face detail was very shallow and detail was overall a bit hit and miss. I love the pose, though.

Out comes the scalpel, greenstuff and bitz box.

Two evening sessions later I swapped the head and weapon, shaved away some of the front detail and resculpted the area.

I am not entirely finished yet, but soon I can establish the base colours. 

• By canuckotter
      Another one I spent time on playing with the greyscale + glazing technique. A little bit better with the shadows and highlights compared with Mason Thornwarden, but still not perfect. I also got ticked off with the attempt at brass - it ended up being too thin to be useful in some places and also completely overwhelming the highlights & shadows and then I gave up on the sword, but since I'd already done a semi-NMM on the blade I decided that was good enough. 

Beautiful pose, would love to try her again at some point when I have more patience.

• By MamaGeek
      This is Reaper Bones Nienna, Elf Ranger, painted as a display model.  There was some frustration about clear detail that would have been allayed, I think, with the metal version of the model, but overall, it worked well.  I hope you like her!  Work in Progress Thread here.  

• By MamaGeek
      This is Bones version of Nienna, Elf Ranger.  Most ranger figures I've seen are painted green or brown, but I thought I'd go for an autumn theme and paint her in red/orange/yellow/brown.  I started by painting the cloak a rusty burghundy, including all the highlights and shadows as if that was the final paint job.  Then I started painting a freehand patchwork leaf pattern.  Each leaf is painted individually, which takes a devilishly long time, I've come to discover.  This is going to take a long time to finish.

And right now she's at one of the those early stages when I can't stand what I'm working on and think it looks terrible.  I've been there so many times before, though, that I will push myself to just keep going, in the hopes it will all turn out right in the end.  

Here she is so far:

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)