Skeleton Swordsmen: 06133, 06053, 03467 (pic heavy)

seej

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are SPLENDID LOOKING Living Impaired Swashbucklers.  The bone tones & shields are BEAUTIFUL...I really like the top shield. Your brushwork & basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

With heraldry a simple set of rules applies: there are colors: red, blue, green, orange, purple, orange; metals: white & yellow; & furs: brown, black, & other neutral shades. You shouldn't put a color on a color or a metal on a metal unless it is separated by a thin black border/line; e.g. a white cross on a yellow field or a blue cross on red field isn't permitted...looks like hell anyway.

• Like 2

They all came from the Internet, with no more research from me other than "that looks cool" and "I think I can draw that."

With that caveat out of the way, I believe the second shield is Carolingian or Frankish in origin. I don't know about the third shield.

• Like 1

They all came from the Internet, with no more research from me other than "that looks cool" and "I think I can draw that."

With that caveat out of the way, I believe the second shield is Carolingian or Frankish in origin. I don't know about the third shield.

The Third shield looks like the design that Lagertha in the Series Vikings uses.

• Like 1

The Third shield looks like the design that Lagertha in the Series Vikings uses.

Hey, you're right. The image I used for reference was just of the shield. Now I'm guessing it was from a cosplayer.

Based on the TV series.

Anyway, it looks good!

If you google for viking or saxon shield design, you get a lot of great designs.

• Like 1

It was a nice class. Best piece of advice: figure out your weaknesses, then avoid them. One exercise Jen had us do was to draw a straight line horizontally, then vertically. Whichever one was straighter, now you know how to hold the mini when painting lines. Simple, and genius.

• Like 1